WTF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dave H View Post

I don't carry a mobile phone either. If mobile number is a "mandatory field" on the site I just enter a made up one with the right number of digits. I got that trick from my bank. I was at the local branch one day and they had to enter a mobile number to complete a transaction. I said I didn't have one and they said "that's OK we have a fake number we can use"
    Back in the day there was the "time" number IIRC. 555-1212. Add your area code of choice. The caller got to hear "beep beep beep the time is now three seventeen PM beeeeeeeeeeep." Like that. Dunno if this is still operative. But it was a good dodge for those who needed one.
    This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

• I have a flip phone (pay-go) that I keep for emergency use. I don't usually turn it on and don't give the number out.
      But if I was in a real emergency and had to use somebody else's smart phone? I would not be able to make a call, or even find the phone function I don't think.
      Last edited by g1; 02-04-2021, 10:51 PM. Reason: mic check
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

• The time lady is gone, and at least in Washington DC we had the weather line. Here in Lansing we used to have Dial-a-prayer, and I gave that number out to anyone I did not want to hear from.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

• Glad I've been gone for so long didn't have to deal with that lol. Get it together tboy lol!
          KB

Comment

• KB, old pal, good to see you.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

• Originally posted by Amp Kat View Post
              Glad I've been gone for so long didn't have to deal with that lol.
              Well welcome back anyway.

I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

• Am I the only one having repeated access problems since 3 days?
                - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

• I able to get on site today through phone but not my desktop computer.
                  When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

• Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post
                    Am I the only one having repeated access problems since 3 days?
                    It's been on and off for me.
                    Last edited by nickb; 12-29-2020, 09:24 PM.
                    Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

• Had a few glitches yesterday.

Comment

• No problems here.

Comment

• OK here!
                          "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
                          Terry

Comment

• Still on and off over here.
                            - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

• Seems the Edit function got lost?
                              I kind of depend on that. A time limit of 48 hours would be fine.

Edit: Test of actual time limit No. 1.
                              Last edited by Helmholtz; 02-02-2021, 02:44 PM.
                              - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

• Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post
                                Seems the Edit function got lost?
                                I kind of depend on that. A time limit of 48 hours would be fine.
                                Me too. It was perfect the way it was. Please bring it back!
                                Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

Working...
                                X