Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mick Bailey
    replied
    My view only occupies about 75% of the screen width - how do I get it to full screen width?

Leave a comment:

• nevetslab
    replied
    Originally posted by tboy View Post

That seems to be the way of it, though replying to a particular post doesn't have the meaning it once did with Threaded and Hybrid display modes now gone. Most people probably didn't use those modes anyway, but I did and I'll miss them.
    My first thread in this new format, adding both a document and a photo was clumsy, I had used the Camera Icon (Share Photos), not seeing the "Image" icon. I'll see if I can do that better in this reply:

Boruit 3X-XM-L2 Specs.pdf

The "image" icon wants a URL, while I was looking to fetch images from my computer's files. I also couldn't find a way to place an attachment below the three photos I've added here. Editing a post just placed was easy before, correcting typos, or adding a bit more text to clarify my text. Now, Editing appears to be unable to go back into the text of that posted thread, and instead opens a new box below it. Is that the case, or have I missed something in this new format? Posting this to see.

No, it does allow editing text of this posted thread reply. But, I still can't find a way to add text below the images I had placed.

I had uploaded four images, but only see three. When I open this up using Edit, I find the fourth image in the column, while below that, the first three photos show horizontal, while the fourth image is NOT shown, but instead, I see '4' Photos, and a Edit Photos command. Previewing doesn't show the fourth photo. OH...clicking on the '4' Photos shows all four of them in a new window.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by nevetslab; 06-10-2020, 07:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Enzo View Post
    SO if you want to make a comment and get responses you just post as usual?
    That seems to be the way of it, though replying to a particular post doesn't have the meaning it once did with Threaded and Hybrid display modes now gone. Most people probably didn't use those modes anyway, but I did and I'll miss them.

Leave a comment:

• Enzo
    replied
    OK, so I punched up New Topics and got the list of recent posts - the old Activity Stream. I made the above post, then backed out after posting to return to the New list. But now this thread title was gone, as was the thread title about adding a choke to a Windsor. Those are no longer in the new list I started from. Only way I can find those threads is to open the forums menu and hunt for them. Surely there is an easier way?

And also I do not see my own posts in the list. In the old Activity Stream, I often used my own posts as a book mark.- I could just scroll down until I see my last one and there I was at the place to start anew.

Leave a comment:

• Enzo
    replied
    SO if you want to make a comment and get responses you just post as usual?

Leave a comment:

• tboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
    Are there circumstances where some people may not have the full set of features?
    Possibly; I'll have to check into that. I know I've seen it on other sites running vB5, so I assumed it was available to everyone here.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck H
    replied
    Originally posted by tboy View Post
    There's a 'Comment' link in the bottom right of each post. This is a new feature; it differs from a regular reply in that it appears within the post itself, and it can't collect it's own replies.
    Nope. Are there circumstances where some people may not have the full set of features?

Leave a comment:

• tboy
    replied
    Originally posted by g1 View Post
    tboy did you get a 'mention' notification from me flagging you with that @ ?
    Yes, I did get a couple of those.

How did you do that comment thing above, post # 18.1, and what is it's purpose as opposed to editing?
    There's a 'Comment' link in the bottom right of each post. This is a new feature; it differs from a regular reply in that it appears within the post itself, and it can't collect it's own replies.

Leave a comment:

• tboy
    commented on 's reply
    Harmony Central was an early adopter of vB5 and they had a lot of problems with it at first. It seems to be pretty smooth now though.
    Last edited by tboy; 06-09-2020, 11:14 AM.

• Chuck H
    replied
    See, now! I haven't posted on this thread yet but I am now, because,... I don't have a "thread tools" button to select so that I can remotely subscribe and follow along. Just another "difference" (new omission) with this new format.?. We're not any common rabble that needs a simple palette of tools and limited options to avoid confusion. This new format seems clunky and limited to me.

Leave a comment:

• g1
    replied
    Quote notifications is good. That's 1 and counting.
    tboy did you get a 'mention' notification from me flagging you with that @ ? (that will be 2 )

How did you do that comment thing above, post # 18.1, and what is it's purpose as opposed to editing?

Leave a comment:

• tedmich
    replied
    Great job Tboy! I can feel my brain growing!
    Its like getting used to my mouth being on the BACK of my head now..Seriously its just fine!
    (I know it could be much worse, I've never gone back to Harmony Central!

Leave a comment:

• eschertron
    replied
    It's a brave new world, boys and girls

Leave a comment:

• tboy
    commented on 's reply
    I suspect this new software has a number of pretty cool features that we have not yet discovered.

• tboy
    replied
    ...the user avatar no longer shows location.
    Now that the upgrade is complete, I'll turn my attention to reading the part of the manual that covers actually using the software. Maybe there are ways to restore or replace any functionality that seems to have changed or gone missing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X