Missing Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Features

It used to be nice to see who had already viewed a thread at the bottom of a page.

nosaj
    soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Is there a way to show the number of pages of a thread in the thread listings? And be able to select the last page and see it without going to 'reverse order' (latest activity) mode?
    Xenforo does it when you hover over the thread listings.
    Last edited by tboy; 07-15-2020, 10:10 PM.
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

g1, if you scroll to the bottom of the page then you will see numbered buttons for each page.
      Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

Originally posted by nickb View Post
        g1, if you scroll to the bottom of the page then you will see numbered buttons for each page.
        After you are already in the thread, yes. I mean when you are viewing the thread titles in a sub-forum, before you click on the thread.
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

You know what I miss.?. Being able to see who's observing a thread at the moment and who has visited the thread whether they've posted or not. I don't know if this information was only available to mods but it use to be at the bottom of each thread.
          "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
          You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Well, I see a small green dot under your name for online now, and a dark dot under Dude for he is not.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Ok... Who moved my post!
              Just foolin' I thought I had this thread on my subscriptions but I only found the WTF thread. So I just dropped it there not realizing Jason has already been moaning about the same thing

It looks like that feature is back now. At least for me. Thanks boss.

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
                Being able to see who's observing a thread at the moment
                It's kind of a kludge, but it works -- check the bottom of the page now.
                -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

Originally posted by tboy View Post

It's kind of a kludge, but it works -- check the bottom of the page now.
                  Sure 'nuff, something's there now - yikes!!! - my own avatar! Who expected that???
                  This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

title reminds me of one of my fav Hipgnosis album covers...
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	16-toe-fat-toe-fat.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	453.8 KB
ID:	910456

whole collection here: https://wimwords.com/the-hipgnosis-album-cover-gallery/
                    Last edited by tedmich; 08-03-2020, 05:25 AM.

Comment

Name:	16-toe-fat-toe-fat.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	453.8 KB
ID:	910456

Well... So much for sleeping tonight

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
                        Is there a way to show the number of pages of a thread in the thread listings? And be able to select the last page and see it without going to 'reverse order' (latest activity) mode?
                        Xenforo does it when you hover over the thread listings.

Name:	Click_here.GIF
Views:	145
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	911088

If you click on the icon pointed to above, it will take you to the first unread post.
                        WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
                        REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Working...
                        X