X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wizard333
    replied
    Originally posted by g1 View Post

A couple things to check. In your 'user settings' under the 'account' tab, scroll down to 'conversation detail options'. Select the box marked 'posts' if it's not already selected.
    That my be it right there! That should be a sticky. Reading the forum without knowing that makes it hard to follow.

Leave a comment:

• wizard333
    replied
    By random order I mean I open a thread and the first post is a reply, then nothing seems on order.

Looks like I have to go to "more options" and choose "posts" (not very intuitive) on every thread I look at to see things in the proper order.

Is there a way to set that as default?

Leave a comment:

• g1
    replied
    Originally posted by wizard333 View Post
    What's the trick to seeing posts in the order posted instead of seemingly random order?
    A couple things to check. In your 'user settings' under the 'account' tab, scroll down to 'conversation detail options'. Select the box marked 'posts' if it's not already selected.

Also, when you are looking through the thread titles, you should see an arrow at either end of the title. The arrow on the left will take you to where you left off last time you viewed the thread. The arrow on the right of the title will take you to the last post of the thread.

Leave a comment:

• Enzo
    replied
    I find "today's posts" more useful than Activity Stream. I used AS in the old format, but TP just puts up threads that were active. SO if there are say five posts in this thread, I don't see all five of them on the menu, just the latest, so when I click on it, the thread reveals all the rest.

Leave a comment:

• The Dude
    replied
    This version of vB only has linear mode as far as I know, so I'm not sure what you mean by "random order".

Leave a comment:

• glebert
    replied
    Most useful view for me to see newest posts is the "Activity Stream," but I miss the old format where music-electronics-forum.com/recent would just pull it right up. Now it is some weird search string. I don't know that I have ever seen them in "random" order though. What kind of device/browser are you using?

Leave a comment:

• wizard333
    started a topic Seeing posts in order...how?

Seeing posts in order...how?

What's the trick to seeing posts in the order posted instead of seemingly random order?
Working...
X