Embedded Videos Won't Play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embedded Videos Won't Play

For some unforeseen reason, I can't play a youtube video on a post.
    I clik on it and get nuthin!
    I can right click and go to youtube and it works.
    Do others have this problem or is it something to do with my Firefox setup?
    https://music-electronics-forum.com/...e26#post927068
    WTF, over?
    T
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
    It's the same for me (Firefox 87.0)
    Last edited by Dave H; 04-12-2021, 07:13 PM.

Comment

WTF, over?
      T
      Definitely not working here either.
      When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

WTF, over?
        T
        It's not allowing the embedded player to open anymore. For awhile, the small box would get bigger and play when you clicked on it. Now it just stays small and nothing happens.
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

No longer working for me either. I'm on Windows 10 Pro using Chrome browser.
          "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

I can't play a youtube video on a post...
            I don't know why this is happening, but my suspicion is that YouTube has changed something about the way embedded videos work.
            -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

Thanks tboy!
              Got any idea how to fix it, or something we need to do when we link to U tube?
              T
              "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
              Terry

Comment

Got any idea how to fix it, or something we need to do when we link to U tube?
                If YouTube has made a change that breaks vBulletin's video embed function, then the folks at vB will have to fix it.
                -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

So, on the theory that YouTube changed something, I went to a few other vB forum sites and didn't see the problem there. Videos seem to load elsewhere.

P.S. This is meant to be informational. I'm not bitchin'.

Comment

just a test https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gklRF1EFmtQ

soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                      I went to a few other vB forum sites and didn't see the problem there. Videos seem to load elsewhere.
                      Thanks for checking into that. It was on my list of things to do, but I hadn't got to it yet. Would you mind posting some example links to the sites you checked?
                      -tb

Comment

out of the 3 choices to load a video 2 work and 1 does not.
                        nosaj
                        soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by tboy View Post

Thanks for checking into that. It was on my list of things to do, but I hadn't got to it yet. Would you mind posting some example links to the sites you checked?
                          I was just wandering around the web. I googled "vB forums" or something of the sort and then hunted for videos. Here's a link to one of them. The first video is Vimeo. The second is YouTube.

https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/blackma...-vacation.html

I did visit a few other vB sights where embedded YouTube video worked, but they were just random searched sites. I don't remember where I was.

Edit: Here's another link with several embedded YouTube videos.

http://www.fanforum.com/f14/%E2%80%A...here-63209870/

Last edited by The Dude; 04-13-2021, 01:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                            Here's a link to one of them. The first video is Vimeo. The second is YouTube.
                            Thanks. Those sites are both running vBulletin 3.8.5, which means they are likely using third-party add-ons to provide their embedded video capability (I don't believe vB3 had any built-in video support). For a meaningful comparison, we need to look at vB5 sites.
                            -tb

Comment

Gotcha. Sorry if I led you astray. Trying to help.

Comment

Working...
                              X