Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Embedded Videos Won't Play

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Embedded Videos Won't Play

    For some unforeseen reason, I can't play a youtube video on a post.
    I clik on it and get nuthin!
    I can right click and go to youtube and it works.
    Do others have this problem or is it something to do with my Firefox setup?
    https://music-electronics-forum.com/...e26#post927068
    WTF, over?
    T


    "If Wishes Were Horses, Beggars Would Ride!" Scottish Proverb 1600s
    Terry

  • #2
    Originally posted by big_teee View Post
    Do others have this problem or is it something to do with my Firefox setup?
    It's the same for me (Firefox 87.0)
    Last edited by Dave H; 04-12-2021, 08:13 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by big_teee View Post
      For some unforeseen reason, I can't play a youtube video on a post.
      I clik on it and get nuthin!
      I can right click and go to youtube and it works.
      Do others have this problem or is it something to do with my Firefox setup?
      https://music-electronics-forum.com/...e26#post927068
      WTF, over?
      T
      Definitely not working here either.
      When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by big_teee View Post
        For some unforeseen reason, I can't play a youtube video on a post.
        I clik on it and get nuthin!
        I can right click and go to youtube and it works.
        Do others have this problem or is it something to do with my Firefox setup?
        https://music-electronics-forum.com/...e26#post927068
        WTF, over?
        T
        It's not allowing the embedded player to open anymore. For awhile, the small box would get bigger and play when you clicked on it. Now it just stays small and nothing happens.
        "Everything is better with a tube. I have a customer with an all-tube pacemaker. His heartbeat is steady, reassuring and dependable, not like a modern heartbeat. And if it goes wrong he can fix it himself. You can't do that with SMD." - Mick Bailey

        Comment


        • #5
          No longer working for me either. I'm on Windows 10 Pro using Chrome browser.
          "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by big_teee View Post
            I can't play a youtube video on a post...
            I don't know why this is happening, but my suspicion is that YouTube has changed something about the way embedded videos work.
            -tb

            "If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

            Comment


            • #7
              Thanks tboy!
              Got any idea how to fix it, or something we need to do when we link to U tube?
              T


              "If Wishes Were Horses, Beggars Would Ride!" Scottish Proverb 1600s
              Terry

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by big_teee View Post
                Got any idea how to fix it, or something we need to do when we link to U tube?
                If YouTube has made a change that breaks vBulletin's video embed function, then the folks at vB will have to fix it.
                -tb

                "If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

                Comment


                • #9
                  So, on the theory that YouTube changed something, I went to a few other vB forum sites and didn't see the problem there. Videos seem to load elsewhere.

                  P.S. This is meant to be informational. I'm not bitchin'.
                  "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    just a test https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gklRF1EFmtQ
                     
                    When I die I want to go quietly in my sleep like my grandpa did. Not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                      I went to a few other vB forum sites and didn't see the problem there. Videos seem to load elsewhere.
                      Thanks for checking into that. It was on my list of things to do, but I hadn't got to it yet. Would you mind posting some example links to the sites you checked?
                      -tb

                      "If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        out of the 3 choices to load a video 2 work and 1 does not.
                        nosaj
                        When I die I want to go quietly in my sleep like my grandpa did. Not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by tboy View Post

                          Thanks for checking into that. It was on my list of things to do, but I hadn't got to it yet. Would you mind posting some example links to the sites you checked?
                          I was just wandering around the web. I googled "vB forums" or something of the sort and then hunted for videos. Here's a link to one of them. The first video is Vimeo. The second is YouTube.

                          https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/blackma...-vacation.html

                          I did visit a few other vB sights where embedded YouTube video worked, but they were just random searched sites. I don't remember where I was.

                          Edit: Here's another link with several embedded YouTube videos.

                          http://www.fanforum.com/f14/%E2%80%A...here-63209870/

                          Last edited by The Dude; 04-13-2021, 02:58 AM.
                          "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                            Here's a link to one of them. The first video is Vimeo. The second is YouTube.
                            Thanks. Those sites are both running vBulletin 3.8.5, which means they are likely using third-party add-ons to provide their embedded video capability (I don't believe vB3 had any built-in video support). For a meaningful comparison, we need to look at vB5 sites.
                            -tb

                            "If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Gotcha. Sorry if I led you astray. Trying to help.
                              "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X