Forum Background Color?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Background Color?

Curious if everyone's forum background is all white and bright like mine.
    The bright white is very hard on our eyes.
    I'm having a few eye issues, and staring at a white screen doesn't help?
    I can turn the brightness down some, but it is still white.
    Any ideas?
    I use FF, and I have it turned to dark, but the MEF still shows up all white?
    T

"If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Mine is mostly white, but your post box is a pale blue. Doesn't bother me. I know there are appearance options on here somewhere, but I never bothered to explore them. Seems to me the old AMPAGE board was like gray and red?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

You would think a dark mode would exist in the forum software settings. Still you could try the blublockers that gamers wear. All the glare from screens is really hard work on your eyes.

https://www.amazon.com/ANYLUV-Light-...a-784098560857
      When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Not at all,mine is in shades of greyish light blue, quite soft.
        Free sample :

Click image for larger version

Name:	background.png
Views:	200
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	962587
        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Does Linux have a 'Night Light' option like Windows 10? - Link

Ubuntu - Night Light
          Last edited by Dave H; 06-19-2022, 11:47 AM. Reason: added link

Comment

I have the night light on.
            Not much help.
            I just thought if there was a color variation, I would try it.
            It basically still looks white to me.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot from 2022-06-19 10-30-18.png Views:	0 Size:	229.6 KB ID:	962602
            Last edited by big_teee; 06-19-2022, 03:43 PM.
            "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
            Terry

Comment

In your profile, down below your avatar is a 'customize my style' button. There is some stuff there you can try changing if you know what it means.
              Originally posted by Enzo
              I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
                In your profile, down below your avatar is a 'customize my style' button. There is some stuff there you can try changing if you know what it means.
                Unfortunately all that changes is the profile pages but the main sites pages stay the same. If you look at the bottom left there is options for default vb5 which sets the sites theme profile. That is where you would need to have a dark setting. Apparently there is another profile setting there called Red. This is what it says in the help section.

Can I change the way the community looks?

You may be able to change the styling of the community by using the style changer in the bottom left of the page. This lets you choose different styles which change the color scheme and appearance of the community. If this option does not appear, the board cannot be restyled.”
                When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Reporting back on my eye strain problems?
                  Linux has the Night light feature.
                  I had it on before, and now I turn it up a lot more and that does seem to help.
                  Also running the brightness as low as you can stand it.
                  Rinsing the eyes a couple times a day with eye wash solution, helps with the dry eyes.
                  The rinse solution is about like tears.
                  Others here might have some of these same issues.
                  GL,
                  T
                  Attached Files
                  Terry

Comment

Working...
                  X