Desktop Wallpaper!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desktop Wallpaper!

I like to download new desktop wallpaper now and then.
    I like water, sky etc.
    You may like some of these.
    https://wall.alphacoders.com/by_sub_...ean+Wallpapers
    If you have some you like, you can list them here.
    Thanks,
    T
    **Here my desktop, right now.
    Attached Files
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

I guess I'm a classic "getting older" guy. The wife and I are empty nesters now so I usually have pictures of family on my desktop. Right now it's our daughter.
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

I have the family pics under the glass on the desk.
      I like scenery for wallpaper!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2019-12-03 00-08-41.png
Views:	1
Size:	1.92 MB
ID:	856215
      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
      Terry

Comment

Ah! Yes. The fish. I use to have something similar. I missed my aquarium. Well, not really I guess because I was the only person in the house maintaining it. But I did miss the fish. So for a while I had an aquarium screen saver. Complete with the fish swimming around and such. It was a nice long, well seamed loop too so you didn't notice the repeat in an annoying way. It was really nice actually. I may do that again.

One thing I HATE about most of the nature scapes is that the publishers can't seem to keep their hands off the filters and photoshop Most natural spectacles are fine without enhancement and color boost. I'd rather see the real thing instead of having the image baked in an oven turned up to "insanity"
        "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
        You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

I like new ones now and then, I get tired of the same old wallpaper.
          I don't care if they are photo shopped, as long as they look nice, and are new to me.
          I like a clean desktop, no icons, no clutter.
          Here's some more scenery wallpaper.
          https://www.google.com/search?q=scen...w=1366&bih=612
          They look fine to me.
          I only use them, if they are free.
          T
          Attached Files
          Terry

Comment

Chuck,

I totally agree...some (most?) commercial photos these days look more like stills out of some CGI animated movie. I too would rather just see the real thing.

Comment

you guys are too picky! If it's free, what's not to like?
              Where's your wallpaper picks to download?

Here's some christmas village themes.
              https://www.google.com/search?q=free...w=1366&bih=614
              Attached Files
              Last edited by big_teee; 12-03-2019, 04:32 PM.
              Terry

Comment

Hmmm,

I'm a single guy so my tastes run toward the cheesecake...

Name:	Sabrina Lynn.jpg
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	856219

AKA Sabrina Lynn (>18!)

Comment

Did someone say cheesecake?
                  I'm 70, this is more to my liking!

Name:	Fresh-Strawberry-Cheesecake-4.jpg
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	856220
                  Terry

Comment

I like the scenic ones too. Mine is just a generic one from the 'vistas' section of the desktop backgrounds in windows vista.
                    It's actually a Japanese hillside reflecting in a lake I think.
                    Originally posted by Enzo
                    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

I like the Jap, Mt Fuji Pics.
                      I have a bunch of them somewhere.

Name:	542181.jpg
Size:	1.57 MB
ID:	856221
                      Terry

Comment

I hid my desktop icons and used this wallpaper for a while. It really messes with people.

https://hdwallpaperim.com/wp-content...th-748x468.jpg
                        "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

The blue screen of Death!

Linux, doesn't do that, it just locks up and don't move.
                          A power cycle is usually required.
                          I always blow out the desk icons too.
                          I don't use the trash can, when I delete something, I delete it all the way usually.

T
                          Terry

Comment

I am also in my 70s, and I do enjoy cheesecake, at least the eating kind. (Make your own double entendre)

I just stuck with the plain blue with lit window that came with Windows 10.

Left on my own I might link a page from Chaturbate or something, but my wife might object.
                            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I occasionally put up a snap from the backyard, or some other nature scene. But my primary requirement is to keep my desktop icons visible amid the clutter. So mostly simple or no pictures for me.
                              If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
                              If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
                              We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
                              MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

Working...
                              X