Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bill Lawrence pick-ups as replacement for cheap China windes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Lawrence pick-ups as replacement for cheap China windes.

tonequester here.

I perhaps posted this in the wrong place(music electronics),and realized it to late. So i thought I'd try here as well. I've gotten around to electronics in my upgrade of a Kramer Focus 111s. I'm doing a complete re-wire which will include 2 new single coils with differing tonal characteristics, and a stacked humbucker in the bridge position. I've had experience with Bill Lawrence pick-ups in the distant past ans back then anyway, I liked them. Does anybody have any more current experience with them ? I'd be very interested to know if so. also, any ideas on the re-wire. I,m using CTS pots and 5-way. I also intend to install a switchable B.L. Q-filter in the tone circuit. Any opinions here are also welcome. Thanks in advance to anyone who has the time to reply. tonequester.

Originally posted by tonequester View Post
    tonequester here.

I perhaps posted this in the wrong place(music electronics),and realized it to late. So i thought I'd try here as well. I've gotten around to electronics in my upgrade of a Kramer Focus 111s. I'm doing a complete re-wire which will include 2 new single coils with differing tonal characteristics, and a stacked humbucker in the bridge position. I've had experience with Bill Lawrence pick-ups in the distant past ans back then anyway, I liked them. Does anybody have any more current experience with them ? I'd be very interested to know if so. also, any ideas on the re-wire. I,m using CTS pots and 5-way. I also intend to install a switchable B.L. Q-filter in the tone circuit. Any opinions here are also welcome. Thanks in advance to anyone who has the time to reply. tonequester.
    Bill makes great pickups. Be aware that the pickup sold as "Bill Lawrence USA" are not made by Bill, but by his former partner.

Bill's pickups are here:

Wilde Pickups
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

toinequester here.

Thanks for the thumbs up David. When I started seeking those pick-ups out I WAS unaware that there had been some conflict. I purely lucked out and clicked on
      Wilde Pick-ups. so I'm hooked up with the real deal. I';m glad to know at least one other who thinks his work is good. most people I tell about Lawrence don't have a clue who he is/was.
      I still can't believe how reasonably priced they are, compared with the big names. Thanks again for some validation. I can always use a little of that from time to time. Have a great day !
      tonequester.

Comment

Working...
      X