help with 5way wiring.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with 5way wiring.

hello all, I am new here and am looking for some help. I have built myself a solid cherry tele and am having difficulties finding a working wiring system.
    I have a single coil for the neck and split HB in the bridge. I am using an import 5way switch due to cavity restrictions and would like to utilise the switch as a true 5 way.
    After scouring the net for hours on end I simply cannot find just what I'm looking for. Most diagrams use a super switch but I can't.
    Just by drawing individual circuits and putting them together into one I have come up with a diagram but am unaware of exactly what I have. Wondering if a few of you gurus could have a look and help me out.
    Here's my diagram.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	scan5h.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	866873

I'm not sure what I have but each path seems to work.
    I think I may have
    1 neck
    2 neck/bridge parallel
    3 dont know
    4 dont know
    5 dont know
    Im usually pretty switched on but just cant get my head around this.
    thanks for any help at all.

Welcome to the place. What you have done is to wire it up like three single coils.
    Neck
    Neck plus 1/2 Bridge (Stud Coil)
    1/2 Bridge (Stud Coil)
    Both Bridge Coils
    1/2 Bridge (Screw Coil)

All of the combinations are in parallel.

What is it that you want it to do?

Comment

thanks 52 Bill. Im pretty new to guitar wiring as well as playing so I'm just trying to learn and do for myself. Really all I'm looking for is confirmation that the Cct will work ok and what my switch positions will give me. You have done that. Thankyou.
      If anyone has suggestions on how else to wire this I'm open. Just looking for options and versatility.
      If I was able to use a 3way switch I would have but my body is quite a bit thinner than normal (my choice) and it limits me to this switch if I want to use the slot I cut specifically for it.
      Thanks much

Comment

Working...
      X