My first making of a guitar - Tremolo setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first making of a guitar - Tremolo setup

Hi, i don´t know if this is the place for making this question but i´m planning to build an electric guitar and i don´t know what type of tremolo to install.
    My fist question is about the detuning problems when going up and down the tremolo, i have an old japan strat and i have problem with this,( going down only) i have instaled roller nuts and locked tuners and i put oil in for the string friction, but i still have the same detuning problem.
    Now i want to build a guitar with tremolo, but i´m afraid about this problem, the detuning problem is the bad quality tremolo or some other thing?

Thanks

Juan

You need to lock the string, re tune and stretch the string out.
    once you have repeated this over and over, the string will stay in tune.
    How to Lock a Guitar String to Stay in Tune!
    The modern tremolo tailpieces, like a Kahler, have a locking nut, etc...
    Wammi World, Kahler Authorized Dealer
    once you have stretched and re tuned the string, the string will stabilize.

Comment

+++100

It's all about how much your willing to put into your goal. If you stretch and lock your strings they WILL stay in tune. I know because I was a wang bar junkie for all my gigging years. I always kept spare strings and almost NEVER used them. I used a Floyd system but for you I'm going to guess that bent pitch is more important. So SGM is making a good call with the Kahler system. If you DON'T want to put in the time to get the result you can't bitch. You've got to stretch, play, stretch, play, stretch and THEN lock. "LOCK" is the key. With practice and patience even a standard non locking Fender style bridge can stay in tune well enough. But if you really want it in tune a locking Kahler is the only way to go. Spare no expense on getting the highest quality or the proper nut. Don't get lazy on properly stretching the strings. You'll never be sorry. IF this is your priority.
      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Thanks a lot Soundguruman and Chunck h, i would like to use the strat tremolo so i´m going to practice this method. I´m curious about the teflon saddles... Do they sound so good?

Comment

With a standart style trem you'll want a graphite nut and locking tuners. I haven't tried the teflon saddles.
          "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
          You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Working...
          X