No announcement yet.

Question / thought experiment regarding Strat trem blocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just commenting on my experience with upgrading a trem block. The 2004 strat had a zinc block. After changing the block to steel, I could hear the improvement in tone.
    Both guitars are setup with the same strings and action. I'm a bit of a stickler that way. If someone else upgrades will they get the same results? I can't say they will. For me and my ears
    the upgrade was worth it. If you love the sound of your guitar, why change.

Comment

Originally posted by ronh View Post
      I was just commenting on my experience with upgrading a trem block. The 2004 strat had a zinc block. After changing the block to steel, I could hear the improvement in tone.
      Both guitars are setup with the same strings and action. I'm a bit of a stickler that way. If someone else upgrades will they get the same results? I can't say they will. For me and my ears
      the upgrade was worth it. If you love the sound of your guitar, why change.
      All good then
      In your initial post there was no indication that you had ever heard the guitar any other way. So I was unaware that you were speaking about a change in tone and not just the tone of a guitar you owned without a basis for comparison.
      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Working...
      X