X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Schwab
    replied
    Originally posted by Possum View Post
    36 years....... is that why there's a guy with a hood and scythe hanging outside my door telling me "its time to go".............????
    No, that's Sam Lee Guy! (the real one)

Leave a comment:

• Possum
    replied

36 years....... is that why there's a guy with a hood and scythe hanging outside my door telling me "its time to go".............????

Leave a comment:

• Joe Gwinn
    replied
    Originally posted by tedmich View Post
    Lead free solder is crap IMO, word is SWATCH had to S-can several million watches due to tin whisker shorts.
    Industry-wide problem to be sure. A very big issue in industrial, satellite, avionics, and military systems, where it has taken decades of research to figure out just how to make reliable systems, and soldering is a big part of the story.

But we now have beat the Europeans in silliness with the recent US law outlawing all lead in toys. The way the law was written, even motor vehicles like go karts and the like are covered, and of course they have lead-acid batteries and so on. And many small toy sellers are stuck with millions of dollars in inventory that can no longer be sold, because there is no phaseout period in the law. Oops.

Leave a comment:

• David Schwab
    replied
    Man, that was a long time ago....
    36 years ago... That IS a long time!

"Who loves ya, Baby?"

Leave a comment:

• Possum
    replied

Did anyone ever tell you that you look just like Kojak?
    Man, that was a long time ago....

Leave a comment:

• LtKojak
    replied
    Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
    I haven't made a bass in like 10 years due to lack of a workshop. Now I have limited use of a workshop during warm weather months.

I made a living as a graphic artist.
    Oh, I see... that's why you seemed to know your fonts in another thread. Cool! I've been myself into typography in my younger years. But for almost thirty years of my life I've made my living as a musician.

Leave a comment:

• David Schwab
    replied
    Originally posted by LtKojak View Post
    I thought you made basses for a living...
    I haven't made a bass in like 10 years due to lack of a workshop. Now I have limited use of a workshop during warm weather months.

I made a living as a graphic artist.

Leave a comment:

• LtKojak
    replied
    I play one in bra commercials
    That was THE piece of information I certainly could do without... specially while having breakfast!

Leave a comment:

• soundmasterg
    replied
    Hopefully when all this lead free solder destroys everything its used in they will go back to leaded solder and come up with a recycling plan instead of this insanity...
    I completely agree! But its Europe and Japan that came up with ROHS and lord knows they never admit they are wrong......

I'll just keep using my tube amps, tube stereo, etc, and my leaded solder, thank you.

Greg

Leave a comment:

• Possum
    replied

David does play a pickup maker on TV
    I play one in bra commercials

Leave a comment:

• LtKojak
    replied
    Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
    I'm a pickup maker!
    I thought you made basses for a living...

Leave a comment:

• Possum
    replied

Hopefully when all this lead free solder destroys everything its used in they will go back to leaded solder and come up with a recycling plan instead of this insanity...

Leave a comment:

• tedmich
    replied
    solder pots also handy when someone tries to storm the castle walls....

Lead free solder is crap IMO, word is SWATCH had to S-can several million watches due to tin whisker shorts.

my idea of hell: Cold Heat Soldering Iron + RoHS solder

Leave a comment:

• David Schwab
    replied
    Originally posted by soundmasterg View Post
    Yah but I'm out of work right now and money is really tight.......
    Yeah, me too... oh wait... I'm a pickup maker! (seems to be the same thing lately)

Things will pick up (no pun intended).

Leave a comment:

• soundmasterg
    replied
    Yah but I'm out of work right now and money is really tight.......

Greg

Leave a comment:

Working...
X