on MAP and other wholesale thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• on MAP and other wholesale thoughts

Recently, I had an OEM customer start blowing out quite a lot of pickups at or very near his cost, saturating the market and causing a large number of orders with me to be cancelled, refunded, or just plain backed out of in favor of pickups cheap elsewhere. Seems like he never got off the ground, or soemthing. Who knows. After a few emails, he offereed a half-assed apology and said he'd stop, not knowning that it was affecting me directly. He continued, and we've had almost no saled over the past month.

This is forcing us to draw up MAP pricing agreements for our dealers and OEM users.

I suggest you guys do the same if you deal with dealers and OEM users so that you don't have to end up competing "with yourself" so to speak. Dealers should not be undercutting their suppliers by such extremes that the suppliers can't make ends meet. Dealers shouldn't be selling stuff as whoelsale rates, and OEM buyers should be using them for their intended use.

Just a word of advice to you guys out there. You don't want to compete with yourself.
Working...
X