X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kevinT
    replied
    now now...let's be nice...

if the pickup rocks, who cares what it looks like if folks buy it...the average guy might not have noticed this...but since we're pickup makers it's a big deal

Leave a comment:

• NightWinder
    replied
    LOL, Possum....Looks like a GJ keeper too. High Zinc-ewwwwww!

Leave a comment:

• kevinT
    replied
    Hey Norcal_GIT_r,

I'm curious, are you buying those sized mags "as is" (regular stock) from one of the major magnet supplers that we use (i.e., Magnetic Hold, Allstar, or other), or are they custom made for you, or are you cutting them yourself on your S90s?

I need mags about that size for a project or two i have in mind.

Any help is appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• Dave Kerr
    replied
    Any issues with trademark, with Steve having listed and sold his product under an identical name?

Leave a comment:

• Possum
    replied
    !!!!!!!!

What a hack job, his magnets aren't lined up on the keeper bar, what an ugly way to mark a set of pickups, pretty cheesy....

Leave a comment:

• NightWinder
    replied
    Totally agree with that

Leave a comment:

• Norcal_GIT_r
    replied
    Originally posted by NightWinder View Post
    Looks like an Ibanez pickups but with screws instead of poles....Thats funny....I'm staring at the Ibanez one right now, and its exactly the same....
    Good in theory.....But definatly not a new kid on the block.
    Looks can be deceiving.

Leave a comment:

• NightWinder
    replied
    Looks like an Ibanez pickups but with screws instead of poles....Thats funny....I'm staring at the Ibanez one right now, and its exactly the same....
    Good in theory.....But definatly not a new kid on the block.

Leave a comment:

• Peter Naglitsch
    replied
    And the SDS-1 DiMarzio issued in 1978 but with different adjustable pole pices! The idea isn't new. The biggest difference is that SK don't use a metal spacer.

I made my first S90s and T90s a couple of years ago. But I do not make it a secret that I was inspired by SK. And the fact that he wasn't availible at the time to make me a set (I think he is in the army from time to time) forced me to make them myself. That was the thing that got me started in pickup winding.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Puppet
    started a topic "S90" pickups

"S90" pickups

I was surprised to find that BG pups http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp...-Pups-S90.html is marketing the S90 pickup after "Many hours of development and feedback from the Harmony Central Electric Guitar Forum community".

O.K. there's a lot of ways to skin a cat but isn't there a striking similarity to S.K.'s S90?

I'm not knocking them btw, just surprised.

S.
Working...
X