Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LtKojak
    replied
    What exactly do you mean with "faulty from the factory"? Is it dead? If it is, the dealer you bought it from is responsible for the outcome. If it doesn't work, he is pretty much obligated to exchange it for another one, and and if he's not obligated to refund you, he's obligated to give you credit to purchase anything from the same value.

Leave a comment:

• One10
    replied
    Hello Andrew, I am using a DE-5000 LCR meter using the 120hz setting.

Thanks, GP

Leave a comment:

• the great waldo
    replied
    Which meter are you using to check it? DC resistance looks ok. What frequency do you have the meter set to ?

Cheers

Andrew

Leave a comment:

• One10
    started a topic SCN Bridge Pickup faulty from the factory

SCN Bridge Pickup faulty from the factory

Hello, can anyone give some advice or help on if it is possible to figure out & fix a brand new pickup, defective from the factory, instead of just throwing it away?

(Fender won't replace it, or refund it, says it has been discontinued even though I purchased it new). They won't provide a diagram showing how the pickup is supposed look assembled, no wiring help, nothing

(1) Bridge pickup, Fender SCN

Actual measurements are:
    Inductance = 61.96H
    DC Resistance = 11.211k
    (12.165k Rp)
    Q = .231

Per Manufacturer: it should be about 3.8 Henrys & 11.5K

I cannot find anything on the internet explaining how these types of pickups are made, or exploded views.
    I am trying to find out what it means when a pickup measures 16 times more Henrys than it is supposed to. All the wires appear to be connected to various points on the pickup itself.

Thanks.
    Last edited by One10; 04-13-2019, 07:56 AM. Reason: Technical / grammer
Working...
X