Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Schwab
    replied
    Collodion was also used by pathologist Thomas Stoltz Harvey to preserve Einstein's brain in 1955.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Gwinn
    replied
    Originally posted by Stan H View Post
    Amazing, thanks Joe. Sometimes the simplest methods escape me...always trying to make everything a little harder than they need to be.
    Well, OK, I can help... The more complicated method is collodion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collodion

Look up the use of collodion in optics and telescope making. I mean, if you need the magnets really clean.

Leave a comment:

• Possum
    replied

even easier, demagnetize them and just blow them off then remagnetize, its what I do...

Leave a comment:

• Stan H
    replied
    Amazing, thanks Joe. Sometimes the simplest methods escape me...always trying to make everything a little harder than they need to be.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Gwinn
    replied
    Originally posted by Stan H View Post
    I know how to bevel but I'm just used to them not being magnetized when I do it. The "shavings" are terrible to get off of them...just thought there may be an easier way than wiping each rod for 5 minutes to clean them off.
    Duct tape. Use like a lint remover.

Leave a comment:

• Stan H
    replied
    I know how to bevel but I'm just used to them not being magnetized when I do it. The "shavings" are terrible to get off of them...just thought there may be an easier way than wiping each rod for 5 minutes to clean them off.

Leave a comment:

• Possum
    replied

Go to Premier Guitar's video page:
    http://www.premierguitar.com/Video/Video.aspx
    watch all the Seymour how to make a pickup videos and you'll see how to do it....

Leave a comment:

• Stan H
    started a topic Rod Magnet Hell....

Rod Magnet Hell....

So, I ordered 50 rod magnets from Montreux. They got here really fast. Unfortunately, they came unbevelled and pre-magnetized. Man, what a PITA! Any tips or tricks to bevelling premagnetized rods without cleaning up a major mess???
Working...
X