Tone Kraft. . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tone Kraft. . .

Anyone know if Tone Kraft still in business? No response to my emails. No one picks up the phone and the answering machine mailbox is full so you can't leave a message.
    Take Care,

Jim. . .
    VA3DEF

I found this:

7/16/2020

BEWARE.

I bought a couple P-90 kits from Tone Kraft and after a week of my status saying "Awaiting Fulfillment" I contacted them through email and their online message center. I received no reply. Today I called and the phone just rang and rang, not even an answering machine, and it hung up on me.

I had to call my bank to dispute the transaction.

I don't know what the deal is. In these times of CV19, I hope the folks at Tone Kraft are ok.

Comment

Are you having trouble with an order?

I've bought from them a handful of times and they seem swamped. The first order I ever put in came with missing parts. I couldn't reach them so I had to file a claim with my plastic card company or PayPal, I forget which. TK gave me a refund and I thought it was my last time ordering from them. I then read on another forum that they were going through some growing pains so I gave them another chance. The next few orders came without issue. My last order was before corona so I'm sure that's had an impact.

I don't think this is too uncommon with specialized small parts companies with a lot of orders. I also order from Small Bear and I have had mix up a few times but they always make it right.

Hopefully whatever issue you are having ends well. I like their stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
        I found this:

7/16/2020

BEWARE.

I bought a couple P-90 kits from Tone Kraft and after a week of my status saying "Awaiting Fulfillment" I contacted them through email and their online message center. I received no reply. Today I called and the phone just rang and rang, not even an answering machine, and it hung up on me.

I had to call my bank to dispute the transaction.

I don't know what the deal is. In these times of CV19, I hope the folks at Tone Kraft are ok.
        That's too bad. I have had to wait a few days but never weeks.

I guess for now AES, Mojo, or PA Luthier Tools are the way to go. Tone Kraft kits were awesome

Comment

Originally posted by elmenco View Post
          Are you having trouble with an order?

I've bought from them a handful of times and they seem swamped. The first order I ever put in came with missing parts. I couldn't reach them so I had to file a claim with my plastic card company or PayPal, I forget which. TK gave me a refund and I thought it was my last time ordering from them. I then read on another forum that they were going through some growing pains so I gave them another chance. The next few orders came without issue. My last order was before corona so I'm sure that's had an impact.

I don't think this is too uncommon with specialized small parts companies with a lot of orders. I also order from Small Bear and I have had mix up a few times but they always make it right.

Hopefully whatever issue you are having ends well. I like their stuff.
          Yes, I ordered some rod magnets in mid August along with one of their bobbin assembly jigs. I wanted to try one of those jigs they were making. Stuff came early September, but the jig was missing the spacer layer and the forbon bottom spacer was way out of alignment so it was unusable. I contacted them a month ago and they said they would send me a new jig set. 4 weeks later there was not delivery or even notice of shipment. For the past number of days I have been emailing and calling on the phone. I've called at many different times of the day, including lunch and no one picked up the phone and the voice mailbox is full. Not happy. Funny thing is that it made me design and fabricate my own bobbin assembly jigs which I can now do up is about an hour from the time I turn on the laser. Their bobbin assembly kits are not as nice as the original one's I machined out of aluminum for Strats and Tele's, but they are quick and easy to make and only use a couple of bucks worth of material.As for Tone Kraft, I am not impressed andI will no longer do any thing business with them.
          Last edited by kayakerca; 10-21-2020, 11:10 PM.
          Take Care,

Jim. . .
          VA3DEF

Comment

Originally posted by kayakerca View Post

Yes, I ordered some rod magnets in mid August along with one of their bobbin assembly jigs. I wanted to try one of those jigs they were making. Stuff came early September, but the jig was missing the spacer layer and the forbon bottom spacer was way out of alignment so it was unusable. I contacted them a month ago and they said they would send me a new jig set. 4 weeks later there was not delivery or even notice of shipment. For the past number of days I have been emailing and calling on the phone. I've called at many different times of the day, including lunch and no one picked up the phone and the voice mailbox is full. Not happy. Funny thing is that it made me design and fabricate my own bobbin assembly jigs which I can now do up is about an hour from the time I turn on the laser. Their bobbin assembly kits are not as nice as the original one's I machined out of aluminum for Strats and Tele's, but they are quick and easy to make and only use a couple of bucks worth of material.As for Tone Kraft, I am not impressed andI will no longer do any thing business with them.
            Bummer. They also told me they would send me missing parts and never did which is why I had to file a claim. They promptly refunding me my money. I guess it takes authorities to get on their behind.

Are you interested in selling a jig I never get my magnets in straight by hand.

Have you bought from Philadelphia Luthier? I've bought a lot of rods from them. Mojotone also has them. I have had a good experience with both and Mojo has excellent customer service.

Best of luck!

Comment

Originally posted by elmenco View Post

Bummer. They also told me they would send me missing parts and never did which is why I had to file a claim. They promptly refunding me my money. I guess it takes authorities to get on their behind.

Are you interested in selling a jig I never get my magnets in straight by hand.

Have you bought from Philadelphia Luthier? I've bought a lot of rods from them. Mojotone also has them. I have had a good experience with both and Mojo has excellent customer service.

Best of luck!
              Yes, I buy from PL, Mojo, AllParts, Stew Mac, etc. Even if I do get straightened away properly with Tone Kraft, I won't be going down that road again.
              Take Care,

Jim. . .
              VA3DEF

Comment

I think the jig i made for our pickups are more efficient that that tone kraft assembly jig ,When you seat all 6 magnets freehand in the forbon it takes too much time & they may not seat at a correct 90 degree angle , I just seat the outer 2 & the jig align the all 6 of them so press them all in in 2 seconds . .I made mine out of 1/2" lexan
                "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
                  I think the jig i made for our pickups are more efficient that that tone kraft assembly jig ,When you seat all 6 magnets freehand in the forbon it takes too much time & they may not seat at a correct 90 degree angle , I just seat the outer 2 & the jig align the all 6 of them so press them all in in 2 seconds . .I made mine out of 1/2" lexan
                  Totally agree on the jig vs freehand setting of the rod magnets Copper. I cut a 1/4" piece of HDPE to the same dimension as the flatwork (pole piece spacing and magnet diameter) and us that as the guide to set the rod magnets in. Like you say, set the 2 end magnets and then just drop the other 4 rod magnets in and press. Spacing is perfect and the 1/4" is enough thickness to have the rod magnets perfectly straight when inserted in the arbor press.

Makes the installing of the rod magnets very fast compared to trying to hold them straight while bringing down the ram on the press and manually, I never got them perfectly straight. That style of assembly jig is hours faster to fabricate than the aluminum, clam shell style jigs I machined for Strat and Tele flatwork. I use delrin for the spacer section of the jig machined down with a surface mill from 1/2" to whatever the required bobbin spacing is. I also put 3 pins/holes in the top and mid peice sections of the jig to provide perfect alignment when pressing the top flatwork on. It is very fast.

Gotta love having a laser cutter.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Assembly Jig.jpg Views:	0 Size:	280.0 KB ID:	916407
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by kayakerca; 10-23-2020, 04:16 PM.
                  Take Care,

Jim. . .
                  VA3DEF

Comment

Nice! I’ll have to whip up something like that.

Comment

Just received an order of magnets from TK this week, was only in Awaiting Fullfillment a couple of days, have never had had an issue with them, have purchased about 1500 magnets from them YTD 2020 and a few Tele and Strat kits. I did email about one order, didn't get a response but it shipped the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott S. View Post
                        Just received an order of magnets from TK this week, was only in Awaiting Fullfillment a couple of days, have never had had an issue with them, have purchased about 1500 magnets from them YTD 2020 and a few Tele and Strat kits. I did email about one order, didn't get a response but it shipped the next day.
                        Glad to hear your stuff arrived in good time. Still haven't received my replacement assembly kit to replace the one that was missing parts and had damaged parts. Still won't return my emails. Still won't answer the phone. Phone voicemail box is still full so you can't leave a message. I am opting for a refund. As good as others may find TK, I can't see myself doing business with them going forward.
                        Take Care,

Jim. . .
                        VA3DEF

Comment

Followup. . . . .

After being unable to reach Tone Kraft, I went to the PayPal resolution center. After they attempted to contact TK 7 times, all without reply, PayPal refunded my money.

Take Care,

Jim. . .
                          VA3DEF

Comment

In regards to Tone Kraft, I sent them a message, Then I checked my bank transaction with them, saw the number (856-314-8815) NJ, and got Amalia on the phone, they are severely understaffed due to Covid, I understand this due to my own work I do with many companies that are short handed, I also have to tell my people there is a hold up due to lack of help. So she apologized several times saying she will ship out today. I am ok once I know my goods are on the way, but no response from emails was not acceptable. I recommended they post on their site that they are short handed and orders will be fulfilled, but even their web people are short handed... We will see if they come through. The other thing was that I wanted to make a slight change in my order before shipping which she was able to do. Glad I found the number and took a chance calling. She said the phone service was also affected. Gawdamn Covid! lol!

Comment

https://www.buzzfile.com/business/To...t-856-314-8815

Comment

Working...
                              X