Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What grinds your gears about pickup inquires & request ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What grinds your gears about pickup inquires & request ?

First off !!! , "Can i get Vintage spec PAF Buytrate bobbins in F spacing ? " . Oh My !!!!
    "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

A little knowledge, supplemented with lots of zeal, is a dangerous thing!

Comment

I know squat about pickups, but it looks like you have butyrate bobbins and F-spacing as options for PAF, so why is it surprising that someone would ask for both?

Comment

Overseas customers who ask me to lie on the value with shipping, ask me to send it uninsured, etc. so they can save money. I get it ...but it jeopardizes my ability to conduct business and puts me at risk.

NO.

Comment

Overseas customers who ask me to lie on the value with shipping, ask me to send it uninsured, etc. so they can save money. I get it ...but it jeopardizes my ability to conduct business and puts me at risk.

NO.
          Ouch. I ship overseas too, and this can get seriously bad in a hurry. I tell all non CONUS buyers my overseas shipping rules including VAT upfront first, and it's amazing how many sales I lose because of that. Oh well.

I don't mind questions, it's the only way to learn. However, people who keep changing their specifications halfway through the project or ask for illogical things (like Copperheadroads' F spaced PAF butyrate bobbins - but for an 8 string guitar) are probably unserious. I had a customer ask me for this '8 string bobbin' about a year ago for real. I thought it was a joke

ken
          www.angeltone.com

Comment

my overseas shipping rules including VAT upfront first
            How come? AFAIK US has no VAT.
            Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
              How come? AFAIK US has no VAT.
              for export from US
              Jack Briggs

sigpic
              www.briggsguitars.com

forum.briggsguitars.com

Comment

You guys are throwing the acronyms around pretty loosely!
                It would be nice if on first throw, you would tell what they are for non commercial forum readers.
                Like VAT. Anyone?
                tnx,
                T
                Last edited by big_teee; 04-19-2022, 07:00 PM.
                "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
                Terry

Comment

VAT is value added tax. Not in the US but other countries impose it on things you buy.

Original topic, i had advertised strat single coil sets, fairly cheap a few years back. I buy wire in 5lb spools and flatwork /magnets by the 100. I know what it costs to make a set and not adding too much labor. This guy, fairly local, was looking to buy John Mayer "scooped mid Big Dipper" pickups. I guess they don't sell them separately outside of the guitar. He said he had a taken out set and would let me measure/analyze them. So i quoted him a price. He then said that was good but he wanted 4 complete sets for free to go along with the deal. I said no way as he was already getting a price about half of what any other winder would make them for.

Comment

Working...
                  X