Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't find it at the moment ,but I seen it somewhere the dirty fingers had something like 8000 turns x2 .which would suggest they used awg43 wire to get in the 16k range
    "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

• Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
      Can't find it at the moment ,but I seen it somewhere the dirty fingers had something like 8000 turns x2 .which would suggest they used awg43 wire to get in the 16k range

Copper I think you're right about the dirty fingers wire size, I have no hard
      evidence either, but I'm just going to jump in and hijack this thread to say Merry Christmas to all my good friends on this fourm and you all know who who you are!!
      www.sonnywalton.com
      How many guitars do you need? Just one more.

Comment

• Sonny, we've missed you around here this year.
        Happay Holidays all the way around from here too.
        T
        "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
        Terry

Comment

• By the look of all of the room left on this bobbin I'd guess it's 44 gauge although the DCR probably wouldn't work out @ 8,000 turns.
          Attached Files

Comment

• I agree, I bet it's 44.
            I make a 15.6k 43 ga pickup, and it is pretty full.
            T
            "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
            Terry

Comment

• I agree how empty the bobbin looks ,looks like 44 gauge

Comment

I agree how empty the bobbin looks ,looks like 44 gauge
                I have a 1978 DF and it's 44AWG.

HTH,
                Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
                Milano, Italy

Comment

• They could be altered though.
                  Get rid of the 44 and go to 43 with one A8 Alnico.
                  Would be warmer, and more dynamic IMO!
                  Last edited by big_teee; 01-21-2015, 11:24 AM.
                  Terry

Comment

• Magnetic Hold 2015 Updated Magnet List

Here's a link to the Magnetic Hold 2015 Magnet Price List.
                    It has all the old magnets available plus some new ones.
                    It includes A5 10-32 x .630" Threaded Rod Magnets for wide range pickups, available now.
                    It also includes two new rod magnet for Bass Pickups, .312" x .75 (5/16), and .375" x .75 (3/8), available end of Jan. 2015.
                    http://music-electronics-forum.com/a...price-list.pdf
                    T
                    Last edited by big_teee; 12-30-2014, 11:45 PM.
                    Terry

Comment

• Vintage White Micro Minnie Blade Bobbins?

I've been trying to get vintage white strat blade bobbins stocked at mojo for a couple of years now.
                      The Carrot is still dangling, and it may happen this year by spring.
                      So hopefully the Easter Bunny will bring them!
                      T
                      Terry

Comment

• Originally posted by big_teee View Post
                        I've been trying to get vintage white strat blade bobbins stocked at mojo for a couple of years now.
                        The Carrot is still dangling, and it may happen this year by spring.
                        So hopefully the Easter Bunny will bring them!
                        T
                        Has anyone really give Our alternate solution a good run
                        My bobbins are still just sitting there never wound .never tried

Comment

Has anyone really give Our alternate solution a good run
                          My bobbins are still just sitting there never wound .never tried
                          I have, and I usually beat them up putting them in and out of the pickguard.
                          Terry

Comment

So the paint came off installing them ?

Comment

So the paint came off installing them ?

Comment

• I've nicked some of them put them in the pickguard.
                                Once in, they do pretty well.
                                We need Colored bobbins.
                                T
                                Terry

Comment

Working...
                                X