X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just put a bid on this used bass.
    Ibanez Used Ibanez SR300L Metallic Gray Electric Bass Guitar | GuitarCenter
    I have one just like it, that I converted to passive, and have my favorite Sidewinder soapbars in.
    This one if I get it, I'll leave active, and make bigger rout holes, for testing.
    T
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

• Originally posted by big_teee View Post
      I just put a bid on this used bass.
      Ibanez Used Ibanez SR300L Metallic Gray Electric Bass Guitar | GuitarCenter
      I have one just like it, that I converted to passive, and have my favorite Sidewinder soapbars in.
      This one if I get it, I'll leave active, and make bigger rout holes, for testing.
      T
      I forgot that GC doesn't know how to deal.
      They could have sold it to me, if they could have cut a few bucks.
      I used the drill press a lot today, I need to check and see if it is drilling at a true 90 degrees.
      Like Copper suggested!
      T
      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
      Terry

Comment

• Does anyone know the DCR or any specs of the Geezer Butler Signature P-Bass Set?
        They are made by EMG, and I think they are a Passive set?
        T
        Terry

Comment

• Found one.
          EMG GZR PHZ Geezer Butler Signature P Bass Pickup Nearly Unused | eBay
          p-bass 11.16k
          "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

• Thanks Copper.
            The guys like that one on the bass forum.
            So it would just be a 42 gauge set.
            They look tall, so maybe they are taller between the flats.
            I'll try that one, and maybe a hotter 43 gauge set.
            T
            Terry

Comment

• If a guy needs a bass to take the router to here is a good candidate!
              SX Ursa 4 RN VGN B Stock - RondoMusic.com
              It is a B stock, and a lot of times you can't find anything wrong with them.
              Or, they were bought, returned and restocked.
              For $89.95 it should be a good value.
              T
              Terry

Comment

• Looking for a deal on some decent Bass pickup mounting screws?
                The ones I have left that I bought fro M___ are very soft, and I keep rounding off the heads.
                Does anyone have any they like?
                I may try these?
                http://www.amazon.com/Musiclily-Mush...ounting+screws
                T
                Terry

Comment

Looking for a deal on some decent Bass pickup mounting screws?
                  The ones I have left are very soft, and I keep rounding off the heads.
                  Does anyone have any they like?
                  T
                  I've used these for years and never had an issue. The heads are just the right size to fit in the screw recess on a Bart sized soapbar cover - a plus for you Terry

Black Bass Pickup Screws Bulk | Allparts.com

Comment

• I can't afford Allparts, no discount here.
                    I try to do things on the cheap!
                    Would also like a screw that is not so long.
                    They all want them to nearly come out the back of the bass. lol
                    Terry

Comment

• that screw is only 1-1/4" long ... if you have it close to running out the back side of your bass, your pickup is mounter waaaaaay too low

50ea for $16 is only $0.32 ea at retail cost. IMO that's dirt cheap for a screw you know won't strip out.

Comment

• I hear you, but I give them out with sets of pickups.
                        I'll stick with some cheaper ones, and I don't do black.
                        I try to shy away from Allparts, and Stewmac.
                        Both have great stuff, just too proud of it for us piddling retiree's.
                        T
                        Terry

Comment

• Instead of encapsulating a pickup with epoxy?
                          Why not Silicone Sealer?
                          So if I make a pickup in a plastic cover, what would happen if I squirt it full of clear, or colored silicone?
                          Don't know how long it would take to cure, and if it would have any adverse effects to the wiring, bobbins, or cover?
                          Has anyone tried it, I've thought about it several times?
                          T
                          Terry

Comment

Instead of encapsulating a pickup with epoxy?
                            Why not Silicone Sealer?
                            So if I make a pickup in a plastic cover, what would happen if I squirt it full of clear, or colored silicone?
                            Don't know how long it would take to cure, and if it would have any adverse effects to the wiring, bobbins, or cover?
                            Has anyone tried it, I've thought about it several times?
                            T
                            There are silicone materials intended for potting coils, and these will work well. But beware that many uncured silicone formulations are corrosive to metals. Like fine copper wire.

Comment

• Permatex Black silicon sealant, is available in 3 oz, or 12.9 oz tubes.
                              It says it is safe for wiring, low odor, and is affordable.
                              Amazon.com: permatex black silicone adhesive sealant

T
                              Terry

Comment

Permatex Black silicon sealant, is available in 3 oz, or 12.9 oz tubes.
                                It says it is safe for wiring, low odor, and is affordable.
                                They mean automobile wiring, which is quite robust.

Comment

Working...
                                X