Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't remember where now I seen a something where Gibson was saying they used 43 gauge & the actual number of turns for this pickup but it did work out with the correct dcr .
    from SK =Dirty Finger 44PE 8000 CCW 8k both coils screw poles, 3 ceramic bars
    Pickups specifications, Fender , Gibson, etc..
    "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

• Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
      I can't remember where now I seen a something where Gibson was saying they used 43 gauge & the actual number of turns for this pickup but it did work out with the correct dcr .
      from SK =Dirty Finger 44PE 8000 CCW 8k both coils screw poles, 3 ceramic bars
      Pickups specifications, Fender , Gibson, etc..
      I read that also.
      8000 turns of 44 with todays available wire doesn't compute.
      I show 8K of 44 to be around 7000 turns.
      A similar pickup, coil wise is the Duncan JB.
      It is around 8.2k of 44.
      Has anyone rewound or made a similar pickup to the Duncan JB?
      If so, how many turns of 44 did you use?
      The coils of the JB should be similar to the coils of the Dirty Fingers.
      The main difference between the two pickups, should just be the magnets.
      The JB use one A5, the DF uses 3 Ceramics.
      T
      Last edited by big_teee; 10-16-2016, 03:41 PM.
      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
      Terry

Comment

• I've seen a few Duncan JB's. both coils wound with same number of turns & 44 gauge wire
        "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

• Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
          I've seen a few Duncan JB's. both coils wound with same number of turns & 44 gauge wire
          I agree, on the JB being 2 like coils to 8k ohms.
          I can't find any documented pickup winder data, on how many turns of 44 to get to 8k ohms?
          I'm sure it would depend on the 44, and ohms per foot.
          T
          "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
          Terry

Comment

• Here's the calculated data I have for a JB, which should also work for the DF.
            T
            Attached Files
            Terry

Comment

• Originally posted by big_teee View Post
              I read that also.
              8000 turns of 44 with todays available wire doesn't compute.
              I show 8K of 44 to be around 7000 turns.
              A similar pickup, coil wise is the Duncan JB.
              It is around 8.2k of 44.
              Has anyone rewound or made a similar pickup to the Duncan JB?
              If so, how many turns of 44 did you use?
              The coils of the JB should be similar to the coils of the Dirty Fingers.
              The main difference between the two pickups, should just be the magnets.
              The JB use one A5, the DF uses 3 Ceramics.
              T
              I've read that Duncan's Nazgul pickup is basically a JB with an oversized ceramic. So, does a Dirty Fingers sound like a Nazgul?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jason Rodgers View Post
                I've read that Duncan's Nazgul pickup is basically a JB with an oversized ceramic. So, does a Dirty Fingers sound like a Nazgul?
                I don't know what any of them sound like, except for the JB, and it is a A5 16k, classic.
                However the Nazgul is 13.6k, which would make it a candidate for 43 wire.
                That would make the Nazgul similar to the DEmarz Super Distraction.
                The JB, T500, and DirtyFingers, all use an estimated 7000-7100 turns of 44SP.
                I just rebuilt a 1980 DF, and I will post pics, and do a full workup on the Rewind thread soon, and list all the internal parts.
                It had the 44, and 3 fat oversized ceramics, and two 8K+ bobbins.
                T
                Terry

Comment

• 12% off sale at Amp Parts, & Antique Radio, through nov. 28.
                  They are one and the same.
                  https://www.amplifiedparts.com/
                  https://www.tubesandmore.com/
                  They sell amp, guitar and pickup parts.
                  T
                  Terry

Comment

• Mojo 15% off store wide (excluding pickups) Cyber Monday. . .
                    Take Care,

Jim. . .
                    VA3DEF

Comment

• A great day for Bargains!
                      Tube Depot also has a 15% off sale today.
                      They mainly sell amp, & Guitar stuff.
                      https://tubedepot.com/
                      T
                      Terry

Comment

• Big_Teee--That T-60's a beautiful specimen! Thank you for posting that. Great grain on that one. I've got a white one I'm restoring, and this is very helpful. I didn't know what to do about the pickups--guess I'll add learn-wax-potting to the list of things I have no idea when I'll get to. Again, thank you.
                        Last edited by tbonuss; 12-04-2016, 09:16 PM.
                        Well, you know what they say: "One man's mojo is another man's mojo".

Comment

• There is a 10% off everything sale for the next 24 hours at tubedepot.
                          https://tubedepot.com/
                          They sell tubes, amp kits, and some guitar parts.
                          I've ordered quite a bit from them in past 5 years.
                          They are located in Memphis, TN. You may want to give them a try!
                          T
                          Terry

Comment

• Does anyone know a supplier for Bartolini BC or P2 Bass Pickup covers?
                            Does anyone make bass pickups for the Bartolini BC or P2 4 or 5 string bass rout?
                            If yes to the above?
                            Does anyone want to make a pair of multi-coils in Bart pickup covers?
                            If yes, I know a potential customer wanting just that?
                            We can discuss the pickup design here.
                            I can also calculate round coil data here, for 42-44, dcr, etc.
                            Terry
                            Last edited by big_teee; 05-02-2017, 10:31 PM.
                            Terry

Comment

• hey T,

I have undrilled Bart BC, P2, and P4 covers that I use for our soapbar shape bass offerings. We also have a laser cutter in-hose, and do all of our own custom flatwork, so we have a lot of flexibility in what we can offer in retail-friendly quantities within a reasonable timeframe.

I shared my email with you via IM, but anyone can also go to the Honey Badger website and use the Contact form to reach us via email if it's more convenient than using an IM here on the forum.

Comment

• Thanks for the info rodent.
                                These Bart pickups that I'm not familiar with, makes me think we need a pickup cover dimension thread.
                                Not to confuse cover dimensions with bobbin core dimensions.
                                It would also make a nice spreadsheet?
                                Any interest in a pickup cover thread, or would it not be worth all the measuring?
                                T
                                Terry

Comment

Working...
                                X