Damaging Rod Magnets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damaging Rod Magnets

I wound a Strat pickup with a combo of 3 A5 & 3 A4 magnets. I removed 3 A4 mags from another pickup for this new build and they are harsher sounding than they would normally be [more treble and a bit weaker ]. I'm thinking I damaged them whilst removing them from the other pickup but this would be the first time I've had this happen. My original idea was to have the A5 mags for the E, A, D strings and the A4 for G, B. and E strings. Any way, I'm suspecting some type of "user error" is involved here.

Bump, anyone?

I recommend, and I always recharge rod magnets after installing them in the flatwork.
    Neo magnets do a nice job recharging Rod magnets.
    GL,
    T
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

Well, as long as you don't break them the only "harm" you coud do to Alnico magnets when handling them is partial. demagnetization.
      - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
        Bump, anyone?

I recommend, and I always recharge rod magnets after installing them in the flatwork.
        Neo magnets do a nice job recharging Rod magnets.
        GL,
        T
        That's something I would like to start doing [charging the magnets AFTER assembly] .

Comment

Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post
          Well, as long as you don't break them the only "harm" you coud do to Alnico magnets when handling them is partial. demagnetization.
          Yup, I suspect they got banged around too much when removing them from their bobbins or weren't fully charged when I ordered them.

Comment

Working...
          X