Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spin Doctor type gauss meters?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by MarkusBass View Post
    I think that you need at least 4 posts in order to be able to PM other users. In the meantime you can update your profile and add your location. It is very important whether it's UK or the US.

    Mark
    Thanks Mark. I canít edit my profile without the 4 posts either (think this makes 4!), but Iím in the UK.

    Edit: 4 posts in, location updated but still canít PM. :-(
    Last edited by Timmy!; 03-13-2019, 10:54 PM.
    Tim

    Comment


    • #77
      Super great job

      Comment


      • #78
        Marcus,

        I presume you have a battery management/charge monitoring chip for the LIPO? Sorry if you've already gone over all this.


        OK I see you have a charging status led so that probably means you have everything taken care of. ;-)

        Marketing wise you might want to sell a version back to the slot car enthusiasts with a little car image instead of the guitar.

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by David King View Post
          Marcus,

          I presume you have a battery management/charge monitoring chip for the LIPO? Sorry if you've already gone over all this.
          OK I see you have a charging status led so that probably means you have everything taken care of. ;-)
          Yes, of course. I use 3.7V LiPo which is charged to 4.2V and then charging is switched off by the battery management chip. So you may leave the meter connected to the USB charger for as long as you want and nothing wrong will happen.
          Originally posted by David King View Post
          Marketing wise you might want to sell a version back to the slot car enthusiasts with a little car image instead of the guitar.
          Do they need to measure magnetic field? I can put any image on the meter but the problem is that usually there is a minimum order quote (usually quite high). Do you know such guys?

          Mark

          Comment


          • #80
            http://www.hoslotcarracing.com/Magnets.html

            https://www.vrpslotracing.com/produc...wn-force-tool/

            https://www.professormotor.com/product-p/gfpcbgm.htm
            "Everything is better with a tube. I have a customer with an all-tube pacemaker. His heartbeat is steady, reassuring and dependable, not like a modern heartbeat. And if it goes wrong he can fix it himself. You can't do that with SMD." - Mick Bailey

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by MarkusBass View Post
              Do they need to measure magnetic field? I can put any image on the meter but the problem is that usually there is a minimum order quote (usually quite high). Do you know such guys?

              Mark
              I believe that's what the Spin Doctor was originally designed/sold for! I think it's something to do with matching magnets in motors for balance?

              I assume that the discontinuation of the Spin Doctor has left the same gap in the slot car market as it did the pickup winders market.
              This space is intentionally left blank.

              Comment


              • #82
                It is used both for the motor magnets and the traction magnets. See links in post #80.
                "Everything is better with a tube. I have a customer with an all-tube pacemaker. His heartbeat is steady, reassuring and dependable, not like a modern heartbeat. And if it goes wrong he can fix it himself. You can't do that with SMD." - Mick Bailey

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by g1 View Post
                  It is used both for the motor magnets and the traction magnets. See links in post #80.
                  Thanks, the second link was the most important to clarify the issue. Very nice keyboard - I would need to have at least 50 orders to manufacture such a keyboard (which most probably won't happen). Also, I would need to change the enclosure and the magnet sensor(s). I do have all the elements needed for such a meter but this would be a lot of work.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Marcus, it was mostly in jest that I suggested it. It is amazing to see what other folks will come up with given enough time and talent and a perception of need.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by MarkusBass View Post
                      .. Very nice keyboard - I would need to have at least 50 orders to manufacture such a keyboard (which most probably won't happen). ...
                      Have you considered using ebay as a "storefront" of sorts to sell your Gaussmeter?
                      This would still require upfront manufacturing costs, but it would make your product very available to a broad market.
                      Shipping cost will be based on the recipients location, but it will also be very clear what that cost will be as ebay can generate shipping costs based on your input.
                      You'd have the option to set up your sales as international, or not-international....
                      I do apologize if this has already been discussed.

                      I live in the US, and I would be interested in your gaussmeter. It appears shipping may be in the 70euro range, Ī$79US.
                      That is a sad fact of commerce.

                      Great looking product you have developed there!

                      P.S. Blaze Orange color would be nice color, I could find it on my workbench easily... Just kidding, any color would be great!

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by Intensely Calm View Post
                        Have you considered using ebay as a "storefront" of sorts to sell your Gaussmeter?
                        This would still require upfront manufacturing costs, but it would make your product very available to a broad market.
                        Shipping cost will be based on the recipients location, but it will also be very clear what that cost will be as ebay can generate shipping costs based on your input.
                        You'd have the option to set up your sales as international, or not-international....
                        I do apologize if this has already been discussed.

                        I live in the US, and I would be interested in your gaussmeter. It appears shipping may be in the 70euro range, Ī$79US.
                        That is a sad fact of commerce.
                        P.S. Blaze Orange color would be nice color, I could find it on my workbench easily... Just kidding, any color would be great!
                        Thanks for the suggestion. It seems to me that I've seen an offer (for the delivery) for about $40 but for me it is still a lot.
                        For the time being I'm looking for some friends who travel to the US and can at least take the meter to the States. But this would be valid for 1, or 2 meters. I cannot ask anyone to take 10 meters with him.
                        One of my friends who used to live in NY can help me but he is traveling to NY in summer (in several months).

                        Regarding your remark on the color: I was rather thinking about changing it to grayscale colors .

                        PS; please note that "my" part of the thread was move to: https://music-electronics-forum.com/...ad.php?t=48634 (due to forum requirements). Please respond there.

                        Mark

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by MarkusBass View Post
                          ...PS; please note that "my" part of the thread was move to: https://music-electronics-forum.com/...ad.php?t=48634 (due to forum requirements). Please respond there.

                          Mark
                          It appears I don't have access to that post yet, perhaps since I am new here I have to meet a "post" quota first.
                          All in time.

                          Thanks, John D.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Dear MarkusBass. What will be the price of this gaussmeter?

                            Thanks

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by nikifena View Post
                              What will be the price of this gaussmeter?
                              I sent you an email with all the details. It looks you didn't read it .
                              All the details are in the "Flea Market" subforum.


                              https://music-electronics-forum.com/...ad.php?t=48634
                              Last edited by big_teee; 04-26-2019, 08:19 PM.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Are these still being made?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X