Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Behringer DDX3216 - Trying to repair, please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EEngo
    replied
    Originally posted by Phoebus1966 View Post
    Do you mean you replaced the CPU board or the CPU chip. If chip then how did you go about it, it's VLSI with mucroscopic legs ��
    I replaced the CPU chip. There was/is? a an ebay store which sells exactly the chip type needed (ELAN SC300-SC). I used a hot air station to remove and a conventional soldering iron and a microscope to solder the new one. There are several videos on youtube which describe soldering such devices.

I have still one new chip left, if you want to try it

Leave a comment:

• Phoebus1966
    replied
    Originally posted by EEngo View Post
    perhaps this is of help for someone:

after replacing the CPU my board is running again.

with 3V3 and 5V plus LCD the board boots even only with IC19, although you have to add a pot to the display to get a suitable contrast.
    If there is IC19 inserted only, you get a message on the screen with "no firmware" (or something like that) and then a loop of screen test patterns.

EEngo.
    Do you mean you replaced the CPU board or the CPU chip. If chip then how did you go about it, it's VLSI with mucroscopic legs 🤤

Leave a comment:

• Phoebus1966
    replied
    Originally posted by Drummer1987 View Post
    Hi
    I'm new one here.....I have my ddx mixer....it's working all the time fine but one day I turn on the ddx and all led's are turn on....display dead....feders dont work....nothing....i put microphone and signal lamp are showe that are a signal input and I do not test for output signal works :/
    on picture see's problem....
    What do you think what the problem is??

Please help me some how [ATTACH=CONFIG]43811[/ATTACH]
    This happened 2 me yesterday. Exactly the same symptoms. It's an issue on the CPU board. Read the full thread here, there are some suggestions.

Leave a comment:

• Phoebus1966
    replied
    Originally posted by sazema View Post
    Ok, just to inform you, I solved issue.

As we have 5 chips, 1 is unique, rest 4 chips are identical, and just one note: 4 chips are writable and programmable while 1 unique chip is writable only once and can't be programmed, it's write protected by design.
    So, friend of mine, just do programming of 4 chips and mixer started to work correctly.
    Which chips? (Numbers)

Leave a comment:

• Phoebus1966
    replied
    This happened 2 me yesterday. Exactly the same symptoms. It's an issue on the CPU board. Read the full thread here, there are some suggestions.

Leave a comment:

• Phoebus1966
    replied
    Originally posted by S2udio View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]41175[/ATTACH] As many have asked me, and i forgot the password on the original file here is the eeprom bin files with no password
    Ok thanks a zillion!

Leave a comment:

• Phoebus1966
    replied
    When a manufacturer takes artificial aging rooms lightly or not at all (yes there are).

Leave a comment:

• Phoebus1966
    replied
    Originally posted by Termac View Post
    Still working through the issue mentioned above. Have seen some references to service schematics and manuals, tried the links but they are dead. Does anyone have either that are downloadable?

Thanks for reading.

Termac
    These are fake links that harvest clicks for the purpose of traffic stat fraud. If you reload them you'll notice the value of file size change. Fake links are a web pest.

Leave a comment:

• Phoebus1966
    replied
    Originally posted by Nisse View Post
    Hi,
    So how do you replace your capacitors if you don't dismount your PSU?
    By the way, I think you have to clean your PSU-fan a bit!

Well, does anybody know the difference between the V112.bex and V109.bex? For me it looks like V112.bex is a newer firmware, but on behringes homepage it says:
    V109.bex = Latest firmware
    V112.bex = Audio software (surround software)

Do I need to install them both?
    How can I see the installed version(s)

Ps.
    If anyone needs the DDXUpdate, I can share it for you.

/Nisse
    Yes please.

Leave a comment:

• Phoebus1966
    replied
    Hi Nisse,

Is it possible to post the Windows DDXupdate app on the forum as attachment? There is a high demand for it and the recycling world needs it including me to secure future failures as it is shown to happen with corrupt state savings.

I was also looking for eprom images as they are discussed here but of course the DDXUpdate app is the proper solution. So having it available here would be advantageous to everyone.

Greets!
    Ben

Leave a comment:

• Phoebus1966
    replied
    DDXUpdate windows app

Originally posted by S2udio View Post
    [ATTACH]30207[/ATTACH]

Try this

It would be wonderful if anyone made the Windows DDXUpdate app available here without linking to Behringer since Behringer doesn't care about legacy products and is shoddy on its download site.

Leave a comment:

• Phoebus1966
    replied
    Succeswful LCD fix after replacing all 4 caps surrounding the SCI7654 dc dc converter on the LCD module with tantalium caps. Beware of the polarisation of course!

Symptoms was: Mixer works with audio in going to audio out but with LCD blank. No contrast function effect. Voltage value on output pin 1 of SCI7654 is +0.5v which isn't ok because it is supposed to be negative. It is used to power supply the negative end of LM324 which subsequently generates V1,2,3,4 and 5 and VEE for the three Toshiba T6A39 and one T6A40 VLSI chips on the same LCD module. This LCD module is Behringer's design.

SCI7654 is onconventional. The input and output signals are not obvious to find. Together with 4 capacitors it creates a negative voltage when fed with +5v.

After having replaced the 4 caps surrounding the SCI7654 with 4 tantalium versions of the same value (10uF 25v) the LCD worked again.

After repair the voltages measured as follows:

10 pin connector LCD module.
    Red wire is reference for pin 1.
    Pin 10 = 0v
    Pin 9 = +5.3v

4 pin connector LCD module.
    Red wire is reference for pin 1.
    Pin 1 = +3.5v DC
    Pin 2 = -3.5v to -6.6v DC (contrast)
    Above values are reference to the voltage on pin 10 (mass)

Pin 3 and 4 feed the backlight leds (4.27v DC)

This was after checking if the voltageson the PSU are ok.

BEWARE!!! Mark ALL power connectors going from the PSU to PCB's when disconnecting. Behringer DID NOT provide security against misconnecting plugs. There are identical plugs with different voltage values.

Leave a comment:

• Phoebus1966
    replied
    No. It is dead there also (update app and firmware). The forum link itself is dead. In contains what the member attached and has nothing to do with a website. It is not an external link but an attachment.

Leave a comment:

• Phoebus1966
    replied
    Behringer Download Section Deplorable

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
    Most of the files including firmware are available here.

https://www.musictribe.com/Categorie...0066/downloads
    Unfortunately the Behringer download section is deplorable when it comes to legacy products at least already for three items. The DDX3216, DPS9024 and DPS8024. My guts tell me this is just the tip of the ice berg. Mixed up and missing files and Behringer doesn't seem to care for being shoddy.

Leave a comment:

• nosaj
    replied
    Originally posted by Phoebus1966 View Post
    The attachment is Dead attachment link.
    Does this site have what your looking for?
    http://www.plzi.com/aanta/ddx3216.asp
    nosaj

Leave a comment:

Working...
X