Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Behringer DDX3216 - Trying to repair, please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoebus1966
    replied
    The attachment is Dead attachment link.

Originally posted by Han View Post
    Hello, i attached the files
    The attachment is Dead attachment link.

Leave a comment:

• FancySam
    replied
    To answer my own question-

Tie the grounds together at one point in the power supply. A wire jumper beats that missing screw on one side of the heat sink.

Leave a comment:

• orbito
    replied
    Hello all iŽam New here from Germany in this interessting Round. I know how difficult it can be to find Electronic Parts for older Msusic Electronic.
    So maybe i can stand by you in future with my Parts Database and Repair help.

Leave a comment:

• FancySam
    replied
    This thread is great.

Simple question: The analog and digital grounds in this power supply do not seem to tie together anywhere. There is a broken off screw on one of the heat sinks on the PS board which would tie them if it were there. (There's no broken off screw head in the PS, so I think this is intentional.) Can this work without the grounds being tied somewhere? I've recapped the powersupply and changed the clock crystal Q3 but there is no analog output from the mixer, and I get random light flashes mostly from the signal leds on the inputs, but not channel leds light with a signal and the master output led shows nothing. Oh, and all voltages are correct from the PS if you measure them referenced to their respective analog and digital grounds.

Leave a comment:

• The Dude
    replied
    Most of the files including firmware are available here.

https://www.musictribe.com/Categorie...0066/downloads

Leave a comment:

• tec-nico
    replied
    Hi Nisse:
    I need DDXUPTDATE, in order to repair a mixer.
    Thanks from Spain.
    My mail is tecnicotec@gmail.com or give me a link with dropbox.

Leave a comment:

• dutch_anykey
    replied
    Update on my last post.

It is alive again. Today after work I started measuring again. I thought it was a short on the ANAIN board. Because the 3.3 volt was present on the connector from the psu when disconnected from the board, but it went 1 volt once connected...
    Today i measured on other connectors from the psu where the 3.3 is also present and there was no problem there...So it had to be on the power supply itself. After checking i found a burned trace. So it still had some connection, enough to measure the right voltage without load connected. But with load the voltage dropped. Very tricky

So happy days here, the unit iis working. Now I better order the complete list of caps and do the recapping job.
    cheers,
    Maurice

Leave a comment:

• dutch_anykey
    replied
    I just love this thread

Haven't been here in a while, but there is something about fixing these ddx3216's
    In the meanwhile I already fixed 5 of them. And a few days ago there was one cheap on our local ebay'sh site here in the netherlands.....and I couldn't resist lol.
    Got in the car and went there, paid the man 30 euro's and dragged the thing home. Quick inspection, the obvious...+/- 17,and 48 volt rail missing. Decided to go quick and dirty first before recapping the whole PSU. So it turned out to be the infamous C47. After that normal boot, but still no display. changed the caps on the display unit that belong to the voltage boost circuit and pronto I got a working ddx3216 again.......but only for a few hours..

I removed the psu once more to exchange the caps on the 5 volt rail, because it wasn't to stable. And then it happened......I plugged the connector with the +/-17 volt etc...one hole of on the connector on the anain02 board. Switched it on and noticed a not so familiar pattern from the led's and a funny electronic smell..........Jeez I'm such an A**. Is what i thought when I found what I did wrong.

So started measuring and narrowed it down to a short on the anain02 board. I probably fried all the ADC's. the 3.3 voltage dips to 1,5 volt when it is connected. And is normal when i disconnect the board. The rest of the machine is working normally. I can see the green and red clip led's on the input. but the signal is not coming to the mainboard.

So I have a new challenge now....it could have been so perfect haha.

Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• EEngo
    replied
    perhaps this is of help for someone:

after replacing the CPU my board is running again.

with 3V3 and 5V plus LCD the board boots even only with IC19, although you have to add a pot to the display to get a suitable contrast.
    If there is IC19 inserted only, you get a message on the screen with "no firmware" (or something like that) and then a loop of screen test patterns.

EEngo.

Originally posted by EEngo View Post
    Hi there,

I have also a non-booting DDX3216 CPU-Board.
    Could someone confirm, that the board should at least show the init screen on the display with CPU-Board, LCD and 3V3+5V only?
    Perhaps even only with the EPROM (IC19)?

Another thing: I am wondering, if it's correct that the ADM699 is delivering +4V at the _reset-Line to the CPU, in the datasheet it is mentioned, that the _reset-input is 3V3 only ...

thanks!
    EEngo.

Leave a comment:

• EEngo
    replied
    Originally posted by EEngo View Post
    Hi there,
    Another thing: I am wondering, if it's correct that the ADM699 is delivering +4V at the _reset-Line to the CPU, in the datasheet it is mentioned, that the _reset-input is 3V3 only ...
    EEngo.
    sorry, I found another datasheet which says, all inputs are 5V capable. so it's allright.

Leave a comment:

• EEngo
    replied
    Hi there,

I have also a non-booting DDX3216 CPU-Board.
    Could someone confirm, that the board should at least show the init screen on the display with CPU-Board, LCD and 3V3+5V only?
    Perhaps even only with the EPROM (IC19)?

thanks!
    EEngo.

Leave a comment:

• cicciofotografo
    replied
    Originally posted by bwilds View Post
    The 668-NG-S240064IMNSGW lcd display will not work, I trying to locate a LCD display that has a DC to DC converter built on
    I was going to buy this display, but now i am not so sure.
    Is that a correct replacement of the original display of ddx3216?
    Please help me!

PS the correct code part is # 668-NG-S24064IMNSGW

Leave a comment:

• cicciofotografo
    replied
    fast update:
    No volt measured on tne pin 14 of sci7654 and nothing on pin 3 either.
    Considered that the unit is damnaged in the lm324 zone, i will order a new one.
    I've found one cheap on the site of mouser electronics, i red the address somewhere here, and i hope it will work.
    Any other suggest before i buy it?
    (i am not able to work with smd components to attemp to replace it.)

Leave a comment:

• dutch_anykey
    replied
    Hi,

The 12 volt is not coming from the main PSU. This voltage actually is created by the IC that is on the top of the drawing that you refer to (ic sci7654). it is a it's a so called charge pump circuit. It can double triple and even quadruple the input voltage in negative direction. In this case it makes about -12 volt of the +5 volt input.
    It actually is my drawing that I made when trying to figure out how this display works. In my case the voltages were o.k. At least on the input side of the lm324. But the output side was wrong. So after replacing the lm324 mine was working again.
    I would start measuring in the input side of the lm323 and see if the voltages are correct. And don't forget to connect the contrast pot when measuring.

kind regards,
    Maurice

Leave a comment:

• cicciofotografo
    replied
    Here i am again
    After having destroyed the stripes of the display unit (i made a mess desoldering the caps) i was going to order a new unit by mouser, that is not so expansive (abt. 50 €) but before doing this i red some other parts of this useful thread and found the schematics of the unit with the voltage of some check points
    I refer to this message http://music-electronics-forum.com/t24165-6/#post446375
    I found that the unit must be supplied with both +5 and + and - 12V.
    I tested, but i have no 12 v at all, nether negative nor positive!
    The PSU works and give them but i have no idea from where they have to come out for the display unit.
    i checked the 4 wire cable, (x5) and the 10 ones (x4) and i have found no 12 v at all.
    Only the +5 and GND, and some square waves that i suppose generate the images.
    So, anyone knows where do i have to find this voltage?
    Before ordering the new unit, i want to try to regenerate the one i have, and then i will get a new one.
    tanks

Leave a comment:

Working...
X