Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Behringer DDX3216 - Trying to repair, please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guitardad
    replied
    Definitely start by replacing all the electrolytic caps in the PSU. More than likely will solve most problems. Also check the smaller caps on the display board. Should be a few small electrolytics. Easier to swap them out though since they are common to fail. There could be other issues as indicated in this big thread, but always start with the caps. It's not costly to replace them, just takes some time.

Leave a comment:

• dutch_anykey
    replied
    Hi,

I had my fair share of problems with the display. (I think you can find my posts on this site)
    I don't think you will be successful in finding a replacement display....thrust me, i tried initially without any luck.
    What you can check is the capacitors on the back of the display. They can go bad and you loose contrast.
    If that idn't the cause it can be that the flexible rubber that makes connection between the glass display and it's pcb is dislocated and/or the connections are dirty. But before you start fiddling with that please read a few posts first about this. You can damage it beyond repair if you are not careful.

Hope this helps a bit in your search.

kind regards,
    Maurice

Leave a comment:

• cicciofotografo
    replied
    Hallo everyone,
    I am a new user and i am here because i have a problem with the display of a ddx3216 too (surprise?)
    I've red almost all the thread but i did not find any match to my prob.
    Here it is:
    The display shows... nothing.
    I turn on the mixer, and i can see for a few some black lines in the display, after this, nothing else. The backlight turn on but nothing is shown at all, neither looking with a lens.
    Turn the contrast knob have no effect.
    The mixer works correctly in all the functions.
    I tried also a hard reset, and the only effect was that i've lost the memories. It means that the other functions ar well.
    i don't think wrong about the PSU caps, but i controlled the supply with an oscilloscope and no ripple s shown, and the voltage are almost good.
    I suppose i have to replace the LCD01 unit, but before to do this i would like to be sure there is no other failure.
    The xtals works, and in the wires that transmit signals to the LCD tere is some digital signals (i can see the square waves with the oscilloscope but no understand what them means)

Any suggest?

I wuold avoid to throw money

thanx

PS i apologize for my english!

Leave a comment:

• Chrille
    replied
    If you haven't solved your problem, I'm sure you can find the answer in this thread. Just read!
    Search for "Nisse" and read his posts.

/Chrille

Leave a comment:

• Drummer1987
    replied
    HELP PLEASE!!

Hi
    I'm new one here.....I have my ddx mixer....it's working all the time fine but one day I turn on the ddx and all led's are turn on....display dead....feders dont work....nothing....i put microphone and signal lamp are showe that are a signal input and I do not test for output signal works :/
    on picture see's problem....
    What do you think what the problem is??

Please help me some how Click image for larger version

Name:	behringer-ddx3216-slika-79670961.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	845694

Leave a comment:

• sazema
    replied
    Ok, just to inform you, I solved issue.

As we have 5 chips, 1 is unique, rest 4 chips are identical, and just one note: 4 chips are writable and programmable while 1 unique chip is writable only once and can't be programmed, it's write protected by design.
    So, friend of mine, just do programming of 4 chips and mixer started to work correctly.

Leave a comment:

• sazema
    replied
    Originally posted by dutch_anykey View Post
    oow o.k. your eeprom is corrupted?
    I found these files as well somewhere on the forum here. Can't remember where exactly. Let me know if you can't find them. I will search on my p.c. this evening.
    I haven't done it myself, but you have a programmer?

br
    Maurice
    Yes, a friend of mine knows how to program eprom, we will see.

Leave a comment:

• dutch_anykey
    replied
    oow o.k. your eeprom is corrupted?
    I found these files as well somewhere on the forum here. Can't remember where exactly. Let me know if you can't find them. I will search on my p.c. this evening.
    I haven't done it myself, but you have a programmer?

br
    Maurice

Leave a comment:

• sazema
    replied
    Originally posted by dutch_anykey View Post
    I missed a few posts I see

I know I was fighting this as well. But I managed to do it from a windows 7 machine via rs232. (Actually a laptop in a docking bay. Most docking stations still have a rs232 port on it). The errors from the program sound familiar, but not always true.
    When I get home I will check what rs232 cable I was using and maybe shoot a short vid.
    New broken 3216 on my bench here. Missing 17 volt lines, fixed the 17 volts, but now missing the 5 volts on that same part of the psu. Maybe open a new thread for it.

br
    Maurice

No, it's impossible to do anything in current state with just a cable and transfer software, because indeed there is no valid software on CHIP.
    CHIP must be programmed with programmer or with that dedicated software - but no longer exists. Maybe, some of you has in archive somewhere, and that's all.

Leave a comment:

• dutch_anykey
    replied
    I missed a few posts I see

I know I was fighting this as well. But I managed to do it from a windows 7 machine via rs232. (Actually a laptop in a docking bay. Most docking stations still have a rs232 port on it). The errors from the program sound familiar, but not always true.
    When I get home I will check what rs232 cable I was using and maybe shoot a short vid.
    New broken 3216 on my bench here. Missing 17 volt lines, fixed the 17 volts, but now missing the 5 volts on that same part of the psu. Maybe open a new thread for it.

br
    Maurice

Leave a comment:

• sazema
    replied
    Originally posted by Han View Post
    Hello,
    you also need the communication program which was written for xp so in a w10 pc you should run it as software compatible for xp, i attached the software also...
    I tried last night, XP mode, but it says "Unable to establish connection, Connection error".
    Also tried with Windows 2000 old pc, same thing.

Now, I'm doubt in rs232 cable, today I will try to find a new one, or USB -> RS232 cable.

But, also I doubt, because software is broken in mixer that causing the problem with connection ?!?

Mixer still showing "NO VALID PROGRAM, restart update!" and nothing.

Here is excerpt from this site: http://fors.doctorproaudio.com/messages/32286.html

Take a look at the behringer website and find the solution, according to them doing the following solves the problem:

This is due to an interruption during the firmware update attempt. In this case, the EPROM flash memory is erased and the mixer does not turn on. We have emergency software (version 1.11) to assist you in these cases. Proceed as follows:
    - Install the program on your computer
    - Connect the DDX to the RS232 port
    - Start the software.
    - Choose the communications port (com) the DDX is connected to
    - Press the "GROUP" button and turn on the mixer
    - The update will start and will last approximately 10 minutes. Progress will be indicated.

Or this page: http://www.plzi.com/aanta/ddx3216.asp

When you get the fault description of an DDX3216 Program is not loaded, this is caused by an interruption during a firmware update attempt. In this case the flash eprom is erased and the mixer does not start up. There is an emergency tool (DDXupdate V1.11) available (Ask your BEHRINGER support dept.) To start up a DDX3216 when the firmware upgrade has failed. Proceed as follows:

Install the programm to your computer
    Connect the DDX to the RS232 port
    Start the software
    Choose the com port the DDX is connected to
    Press down the GROUP button and switch on the mixer
    Update will start and last about 10 minutes. Progress is displayed.

I contacted Behringer support also, but they provide to me files same as provided here, transfer app + firmware versions.

PS: These days DDXUpdate v.1.11 is pure gold
    Last edited by sazema; 04-12-2017, 08:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Han
    replied
    Originally posted by sazema View Post
    Yes, I have but RS232 seams to not work after this. That's the problem. Will try this tonight again.
    Hello,
    you also need the communication program which was written for xp so in a w10 pc you should run it as software compatible for xp, i attached the software also...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• sazema
    replied
    Hello,

Do you have connection via midi (usb midi interface) or rs232 (usb rs232 interface)?
    Han
    Yes, I have but RS232 seams to not work after this. That's the problem. Will try this tonight again.

Leave a comment:

• Han
    replied
    Originally posted by sazema View Post
    Thanks for upload. And those files are just bex files. I think there is no valid connection with PC now after latest firmware update is broken. How to upload those to DDX if you have no PCMCI card?
    I think that DDXUpdate v.1.11 application is standalone application, and when you run it, it recognizes connected DDX hardware etc.
    Hello,

Do you have connection via midi (usb midi interface) or rs232 (usb rs232 interface)?
    Han

Leave a comment:

• sazema
    replied
    Hello, i attached the files
    Thanks for upload. And those files are just bex files. I think there is no valid connection with PC now after latest firmware update is broken. How to upload those to DDX if you have no PCMCI card?
    I think that DDXUpdate v.1.11 application is standalone application, and when you run it, it recognizes connected DDX hardware etc.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X