Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Behringer DDX3216 - Trying to repair, please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wavesound View Post
    Hi
    Just found this site!
    I have four mixers and am looking to service them and repair them.
    I'll be trawling these pages for a few days.
    Many thanks
    Bob
    Hi Bob,

If you get anywhere with them please report back here as I still need to fix mine.

Cheers
    Al

Comment

• Thanks for this informative thread!
      I have a desk with the classic problems described here...
      Screen has horizontal lines of random thickness, alternate buttons lit, led ladders half lit, faders rise to top like snails.
      My first move was to check the PS for correct voltages and no ripple while disconnected.
      All voltages checked out very closely to spec with no noise.
      Re connected supply- all but +/-8v are good. Reading +7.1, -8.9.
      Thought that I would hit you guys up before proceeding. (Thank you for the schematics!)
      Started going for a re cap in the PS. EVERY 1000mfd 16V I tested was within range. (mostly over) These SEEM like high quality 105c caps. Do some of these supplies have upgraded cap specs?
      Are there any specific areas that I want to address while I'm inside, to make it more trouble free?
      I thought that it would be wise to re cap the PS to eliminate future common failures.
      Does this 8V anomaly sound like anything familiar BESIDES JUST the PS?
      Thank you all in advance.

Comment

• This is what I just pulled out of mine.
        This is a 100% list of the electrolytics.

2X 820uf @200v
        10X 1000uf @16v
        6X 1000uf @25v
        6X 2200uf @10v
        2X 220uf @63v
        1X 470uf @35v
        2X 220uf @25v
        3X 1uf @50v
        4X 10uf @50v
        3X 47uf @25v
        ALL 105C

Comment

• Also replace the "watch type" 32 meg xtal on the CPU board

Comment

• Thanks, I'll put it on my parts list.
            How about the pair of "stubby" 820uf caps? Not having any luck with Mouser. Tried 1000uf too. Everything is too tall. Need the low profile ones.
            Was hoping to get everything from one source.
            Has anyone found a fit from Mouser?

I was apparently only having imbalance issues with the 8v section. My cap testers don't have an ESR function but the only ones that tested low were the 820's and the 1's.
            Are there any specific areas in the 8v section that I should focus on besides the electrolytics?
            After discovery of the 8v problem, I re-seated everything and applied DeoxIT sparingly. All symptoms remained exactly the same. All the voltages were in range and rock solid except the 8v (+7.1 -8.9).
            Does it sound like there could be anything else going on by the symptoms?
            Should I go ahead and replace C-12,17,18&23? (my plan) What about D-4&5?

Comment

• Originally posted by SHORT EDDY View Post
              How about the pair of "stubby" 820uf caps?
              No need to change those, they will probably outlive you !

Originally posted by SHORT EDDY View Post
              All the voltages were in range and rock solid except the 8v (+7.1 -8.9).
              About a volt offset ....is this measured disconected from the fader board, or connected,.
              Seeing its not actually booting up, dont bother with the fader 8v at the moment, it will give an error message if the board is disconnected. messages first.
              In fact it will boot with errors if only the display and CPU connected and powered and up, do you get that far.

Edit..... Quote from a another disjointed thread ......."With all ribbons disconnected from the CPU board (display connected) the display should then Display DDX3216 , followed by bars and then blank."
              Last edited by S2udio; 01-09-2016, 10:41 PM.

Comment

• This might be an easy fix for Admin.
                There are 5 pages to this thread. When I sign in, I can only go to this point. This is the bottom of the page now. When I sign out, I can see all 5 pages.
                Easy fix?

Comment

There are 5 pages to this thread. When I sign in, I can only go to this point. This is the bottom of the page now. When I sign out, I can see all 5 pages.
                  Easy fix?
                  This is due to your settings while logged in.
                  settings> general settings> thread display options> thread display mode

I believe "linear - oldest first" would be the same as what you see when not logged in.
                  Originally posted by Enzo
                  I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

• Originally posted by S2udio View Post
                    No need to change those, they will probably outlive you !

About a volt offset ....is this measured disconected from the fader board, or connected,.
                    Seeing its not actually booting up, dont bother with the fader 8v at the moment, it will give an error message if the board is disconnected. messages first.
                    In fact it will boot with errors if only the display and CPU connected and powered and up, do you get that far.

Edit..... Quote from a another disjointed thread ......."With all ribbons disconnected from the CPU board (display connected) the display should then Display DDX3216 , followed by bars and then blank."
                    I see that my comment went to page 5.
                    Anyway, I checked the PSU unplugged first with all good, stable voltages. Then I plugged everything in and re-checked, only the 8v was off when plugged in.
                    I will re- install the 820uf caps on your advice. (I thought that they might be deteriorating since they tested at around 700uf using 2 testers)
                    The symptoms have remained constant since the start...Thick horizontal lines on screen, meter ladder lights all the way up alternately, faders crawl to the top like snails.
                    Is the stock crystal just junk or is there another reason for their common failure? Would it's failure cause my symptoms?
                    None of the other caps tested low except the 1uf's, and none showed any signs of expansion. I'm just having a hunch that my problem was not in the PSU but I'm re-capping for reliability. All the chips and plugs were re-seated with DeoxIT with no change in symptoms.
                    I guess the next step is trying out the re-capped unit with a new 32.768.

Comment

I see that my comment went to page 5.
                      The forum is set up that all posts are displayed in order of age (consecutive). First post in a topic will appear first, last post (newest) appears last. That's the way it has always been on this forum.
                      If you want to see it differently you can do that with the settings I mentioned in post #173
                      Originally posted by Enzo
                      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

• This is just too weird.
                        I reset my thread display mode from hybrid to oldest first.
                        I still can only go to Pg.4 post #140 when I'm logged in.
                        If I click on Pg.5 or last>>, it takes me to Pg.1.
                        I can only grab a quote if I log off, go to the post, hit reply with quote, and sign in from that page.
                        Vewy, vewy scwoowy.
                        I'm running Windows7 with Firefox.

Comment

This is just too weird.
                          I reset my thread display mode from hybrid to oldest first.
                          I still can only go to Pg.4 post #140 when I'm logged in.
                          If I click on Pg.5 or last>>, it takes me to Pg.1.
                          I can only grab a quote if I log off, go to the post, hit reply with quote, and sign in from that page.
                          Vewy, vewy scwoowy.
                          I'm running Windows7 with Firefox.
                          Now it seems to be fixed??
                          Never mind...

Comment

• DDXUpdate V1.11 how van I downoad? No search gave me a location of this program even behringer support Thanx for your help

Comment

• I have a pile of surplus (Boeing) 125c multi layer 1uf 50v caps. Would it be acceptable to use those in place of the "103's" & "104's" that are running at 17v and under? Which ceramics would you recommend replacing (I broke the little yellow sliver 104 that was beside the 1uf in the 17v section) and with what?
                              I'm expecting my parts to arrive within the next 24 hrs. I didn't include any ceramics because I have a hefty surplus of Boeing quality stuff.
                              Am I safe going up to 1uf on those low volt ceramics?
                              Thanks for the help.

Comment

• Originally posted by S2udio View Post
                                Also replace the "watch type" 32 meg xtal on the CPU board

Update: Finished replacing the caps. All voltages check out good now while disconnected. Fired it up, exact same symptoms. Replaced the crystal, exact same symptoms. Haven't checked voltages while connected. (crying too hard, couldn't see)
                                After reading through this thread, I thought for sure the PSU repair would make it work again. That's a lot of time and money to get nowhere.
                                Now I'm committed.
                                Next step checking voltages while connected?
                                Desperate, PLEASE help?

Once again to clarify, the symptoms include faders crawling like snails to the top, LED ladders half way up, every other solo & mute lit, "Random" buttons lit, screen has random horizontal lines of varied thickness.
                                Thank you many times in advance!

Comment

Working...
                                X