Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Behringer DDX3216 - Trying to repair, please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuck H
    replied
    Is this what you're looking for?

https://music-electronics-forum.com/...6&d=1408820282

Leave a comment:

• martyn
    replied
    Greetings to All!
    I would need the DDX Update 1.1 file. I can't find it anywhere. I would like to restart my DDX3216. could you send it to me please? martinezmat1@gmail.com

Leave a comment:

• liamstears
    replied
    Originally posted by S2udio View Post
    Hi just joined here and have lots of DDX3216 data to share and will in the near future be putting
    up all the EPPROM files for the CPU board as well as the PIC chip files (the pic 16c554 gets its data from the epproms on power up and is not retained on chip)

Tip if you are recapping the PSU, replace all the electolytics ,yes all of them !
    I use 130deg samwa's.
    NOTE do not get the 7 pin CTRL11 and CPU01 connectors swapped,as a freind found out !!
    As already stated the 32 meg xtal is a common failure,also replace the electros with tants,
    On the cpu ,and all the smaller caps on the DSP,and the two 470uf with samwa.
    These increase the stability in all the digital circuits !(behringer cost cutting)
    I have almost compiled a fault test log showing what is displayed on the LCD with the various
    sub boards connected, the analog IO boards do not have to be present for a good boot seq !
    I am currently modding the analog boards with better op amps and caps.
    I have a small supply of cpu chips (elan sc300) if your stuck with cpu death and
    competant at replacing,or I can repair and test the cpu/dsp boards (for a fee) for you.
    Be back soon
    So I've recently become the owner of one of these, it was working fine but every now and again all the clip LED's would light indicating the power supply on its way out so decided to completely recap it. Recap went fine but then like an idiot I hooked it back up with the CTRL11 and CPU01 connectors swapped and now it just lights up like a christmas tree:

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220523_1646152.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	3.68 MB
ID:	961011

What have I blown? Some really knowledgeable people here so hope someone can help...

Leave a comment:

• Hetronnn
    replied
    Originally posted by jrfrond View Post
    It's hard to believe that someone would attempt to repair unit like this, which was a piece of crap to begin with, over the course of two years. There's a reason they didn't last on the market for too long. Now, the Behringer X32 is quite a different story.
    I had a friend who also tried to repair the same one, but after half a year he realized how stupid it was and went to buy a new one.

Leave a comment:

• johnradioman
    replied
    Can anyone help? I have a DDX3216 which did nothing on switch on. I have changed ALL the caps on the PSU and now it lights up and sliders move etc, but no display. All buttons seem to work, after fixing some stuck ones. I have changed the small clock crystal too!

Leave a comment:

• bultaco
    replied
    I bought another ddx with various faults but the screen was working and I replaced it with mine and it works!
    It is not a power problem, the fault is in the display or its PCB.

Regarding the variation of the referenced voltage as MU, it seems to be a table start mute to avoid noise when turning it on.

Leave a comment:

• bultaco
    replied
    I have reconnected the power supply cables and all but one of the values ​​are stable at the connector ANAOUT01, voltages are now 5v 0v 5v -7.69v
    This last voltage, at the moment of turning on the source it shows -17v but it quickly goes to -7.69v.
    I have not found any comment on this, is that correct?
    I have disassembled the power supply and no damage is observed, no cold welds or anything overheated, (with the few hours that it has worked I would be surprised )
    In the connector the connections are referenced with MU RS DG +5
    What does "MU" mean?
    Without load it is at -17 and with at -7.69

Leave a comment:

• g1
    replied
    The elastomer strips should only be cleaned with something like isopropanol. Do not use a spray cleaner there. And yes, oxidization of those contacts can be a problem.

Leave a comment:

• bultaco
    replied
    On the screen I have observed some cold welds that at first glance do not go anywhere, on the one hand on the pcb (white color that is below the display) it says "A" and "C", here the welds are correct, but on the other side of the pcb is where the cold solders are, I cannot see where these connections go, just as they are only to keep the pcb from moving.

Could the contacts between the pcb and the rubber elastic support or between it and the glass also fail?
    The danger of disassembling the display support is that the small tabs that support it break and then when mounting it, make the contacts match ...

Do you know if applying a spray cleaner product can enter between the pcb / elastic support / glass, without separating these?

Thanks again

I cannot upload images, a message appears that there is little capacity ...
    Last edited by bultaco; 10-09-2020, 02:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bultaco
    replied
    Table disassembled, with the power supply disconnected from the plates, the voltages are correct. Now it's time to check them with everything connected.

When we take the voltages with the plates disconnected, we must take into account that the analog and digital ground are not connected to each other. I have not checked if once the plates are connected, the ground is connect to each other.

Keep in mind that voltages have their own masses, "digital" voltages must be referenced with their digital ground (DG Digital Ground) and analog voltages with their ground (AG Analog Ground)
    If the voltages are measured with the wrong mass, the voltages are wrong!

Leave a comment:

• g1
    replied
    Originally posted by bultaco View Post
    One thing that I did observe from the first day is that the information on the display sometimes blinked and if I tapped on the screen, it was promptly solved, could it be a contact failure? Now, when I started it I also tried the tapping thing but it does nothing.
    When you say 'promptly solved', you mean the display then worked properly? If so, then yes, it is a connection issue. Could be a poor solder joint but could also be as simple as an oxidized connector. Some times undoing the connectors and re-connecting them again is enough to clean off any oxidization.

Leave a comment:

• bultaco
    replied
    I have to add that the rest of the table "in principle" everything works, the faders work, their positions are memorized when changing layers, I can change presets and configurations even later 8 years old remembers them, I have written down some of the mix settings and program changes in the work daughters and he does them, I can go from one preset to another and it runs fine, with its change time, some had them set to 4 or more seconds and you see that it really does at that time.
    The bad thing is that I can't configure anything because you can't see the information on the display ...
    I do not have "LEDs on" permanently and the faders are fine and without strange noises.
    All push buttons work properly.
    At the moment I am going to disassemble it and I will review welds in case there is any that fails, although it has been well stored, even with time there is some connection that has "rusted" and does not make good contact.

Leave a comment:

• bultaco
    replied
    After reading all the comments, I still don't know, yesterday I started my DDX after 8 years stored in its box and I find that the display does not show any information.
    When I kept it, everything worked correctly, it really had very few hours of operation, the acquisition of the table was more a whim than a necessity, its use was very punctual in recordings on location, then the entire editing process was done on the computer and the table was not used.
    As I have commented, the table has its years but very few hours of operation I would say that it does not arrive more than 100 hours running.
    Can I have capacitor problems even without having been working?
    I got a recording that I needed to use a table and I said to myself: I'm going to use it again (after 8 years), but what was my disappointment when I saw that nothing came out on the screen. From what has been read, little has been said about this type of problem, green screen and they are information and the contrast button does nothing ...
    Can you guide me where to go? In practice I could say that the table is like it has just come out of the store. One thing that I did observe from the first day is that the information on the display sometimes blinked and if I tapped on the screen, it was promptly solved, could it be a contact failure? Now, when I started it I also tried the tapping thing but it does nothing.

Thanks for the help.

Leave a comment:

• Oldie
    replied
    Good news!
    After a complete recap of the PSU and Q3 crystal change, the mixer turns on normally! Now just need to test it with the band.

Thanks for the help!

Leave a comment:

• Jazz P Bass
    replied
    I would look for one of the low voltage power rails being missing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X