Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jmaf
    replied
    Geez the day when the TL072 goes out of production will be earth shattering for guitar amps and effects

Leave a comment:

• mwint50
    replied
    No Schematic….

Originally posted by olddawg View Post
    Are you missing the negative rail and have no regulation on the positive rail? Schematic?
    Schematic is impossible to find so far. Its a Carlsbro Sherwood Classic 100w combo. Flying in the dark at the moment. I also need to learn a lot more about circuits in general which I am currently through you generous folk. Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• olddawg
    replied
    Originally posted by mwint50 View Post
    Thanks OC. Your a bloody ripper mate! (just kidding).
    km6xz - I took voltages and they are as follows

1=0
    2=0
    3=0
    4=0
    5=0
    6=0
    7=0
    8=17.35v
    Are you missing the negative rail and have no regulation on the positive rail? Schematic?

Leave a comment:

• mwint50
    replied
    Thanks OC. Your a bloody ripper mate! (just kidding).
    km6xz - I took voltages and they are as follows

1=0
    2=0
    3=0
    4=0
    5=0
    6=0
    7=0
    8=17.35v

Leave a comment:

• oc disorder
    replied
    Geezz another bloody Auzzie .. as above "ANY electronics parts house will have it" like

TL072/LF353 Dual Low Noise JFET Op-Amp Linear IC | Jaycar Electronics

and

Tl072cn Ic | Wagner Online Store

and

TL072CP | Texas Instruments TL072CP, Dual Op Amp, 3MHz, 8-Pin PDIP | Texas Instruments

finally

from this site it seems ST Microelectronics no longer make the 8pin version only the tiny surface mount one.
    Just an observation as your one is made by ST ... any TLO72 is fine the trend these days is to make them so small
    the old wave of techs cant see them !!

TL072IN - STMICROELECTRONICS - IC, OP-AMP, 4MHZ, 16V/ us, DIP-8 | element14 Australia

Leave a comment:

• km6xz
    replied
    ANY electronics parts house will have it, the most common general purpose dual op amp available. Agree, check the voltage on each pin and list it here by pin number. Pin 1 is the one with the dot.
    1o 8
    2 7
    3 6
    4 5

Leave a comment:

• mwint50
    replied
    Thats great news. Does Maplin have a reseller in Australia. Thanks so much for your reply!

Leave a comment:

• oc disorder
    replied
    Hi Mwint50 +welcome..... you're in luck still in production

TL072CN | Maplin

What makes you think it's fried?

Measuring each pin of the IC with a multimeter set to measure DC with the negative probe on
    the main ground or chassis.

Pin 1 is beside the dot and count anti clockwise. (pin 8 is opposite)

Leave a comment:

• mwint50
    started a topic Obsolete op amp?

Obsolete op amp?

Hi folks. Before I begin I am a complete amplifier amateur. I learn by trial and error and helps from others. Always have.....that said.....

I have, I believe, a fried op amp preventing my preamp from passing signal to the power amp stage of my guitar amplifier. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1324.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	594.2 KB
ID:	870738

This exact IC seems to have gone the way of the dinosaurs. How would I begin to decide what would be a suitable replacement?
Working...
X