Making a Electric Drum Set from XBOX Gamepad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making a Electric Drum Set from XBOX Gamepad

I am very new to electronics. So please bear with me. I am trying to make a DIY electric drum kit from an old XBOX game pade and a bunch of piezo's. Right now, I have the software part working for one button, but I am having a tough time getting the electronics part to work proper. After trying a bunch of different things, I have come to this. (and this was by sheer accident) It seems to work when I hit the piezo, but the results are unreliable. Also the 50k variable resistor pot seems to have very little to no effect on the piezo hits.

The XBOX (origional) game pad, I have changed the end to a usb end. The buttons are pressure sensitive and give a value from 00-FF on the computer. The buttons act on resistance and have 5v supplied by the USB port.

Here is the schematic I have up to now. Can someone tell me how to make this work reliable? Or a whole new schematic to accomplish what I want? Thanks.
    I will release the software when I have things working reliable.

btw. if you want to see my path to this point. My journey began at this post. http://www.dutchforce.com/~eforum/in...pic=19153&st=0

I would love to know how to figure out the circuits by math, but I have no idea.
Working...
X