Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nonsense Focusrite Liquid 4 pre

Hello,

I bought a very cheap ( 100€ ), Focusrite Liquid 4 pre, because the only issue that it have is a problem with "hum" in all the channels. So, I think this is easy to fix. So today arrived the unit, and when I power up I hear a relay open and closes continuously. Something goes wrong... I open the unit and... uauuuu.

1 surprise .- Something try to fix? Because I see a nonsense with the voltage regulators ( that dosen't work ).
    lm317 !?!?! what?!?!

2 surprise .- When I tuned the PCB downside, I see a nonsense... Seems that someone give parts and start to solder everything and everywhere. COMPLETE DISASTER!!

So, I need a service manual, schematic, some photos of the voltage regulators... everything... I will try to fix it.

Attached Files

I guess to me that rework looks pretty deliberate (at least the diodes in the four preamp channels), so I would not discount it as junk without more investigation. Maybe just try reflowing the solder joints on bottom side components. Maybe you will get lucky.

Comment

maybe, but for investigate I need something more. Some photos of other units, something...

Comment

Have you tried contacting Focusrite? If they won't give schematics (which is a real possiblity) they might be willing to at least confirm which regulators should be there and what the output voltage of the LM317 should be.

Comment

Yes,

yesterday I sent an email. Waiting..

Comment

Working...
          X