Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuck H
    replied
    +3 on the probability that a polarized capacitor was mistakenly put in there. As noted, a 32uf (ish) 100V NON polar cap should be used.

Leave a comment:

• Mick Bailey
    replied
    Maybe it's 32uf 100V. The best cap isn't necessarily the most suitable and you may have space constraints. If not my choice for 'best' would be to use one or more 450v film motor capacitors to make up the required value. Fit and forget.

Leave a comment:

• Leo_Gnardo
    replied
    IF there's enough space in there, substitute a film cap of similar value. Parts Express has their "Dayton" house brand caps intended for hi power speaker crossovers - recommend you check their catalog.

Leave a comment:

• J M Fahey
    replied
    Schematic?
    Gut pictures?

I guess it was a 32uF *non polar* cap, if somebody substituted a plain electrolytic, it will die quickly.

No such a thing as a
    32UF 100watt cap
    EDIT: simulpost but main point is we both worry about exact same points.

maybe that means something

Leave a comment:

• Greg Robinson
    replied
    Without more details this is just a guess, but I would wonder if the original was a bipolar/nonpolar electrolytic, and the tech mistakenly replaced it with a standard polarized electrolytic?
    Do you have the original cap? Or a photo of the circuit board?

Leave a comment:

• I need the Best Cap I can find for a Reactive Load Powe Tool

My 1994 PS Systems Power Tool input cap is badI had a guy put a new one in But it was a IC and when bad in a few weeks The output from my 100 watt Plexi goes into the 8ohm input and sees a 32UF 100watt cap Who makes a really good cap to take that The Old one when I first got it I think was a Atom and It lasted for years What do you think can Handle that thanks DAB
Working...
X