Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behringer LX1200 Encoders

Hello folks,
    Does anyone have a source for the 3 pin encoders (vol, bass, treb, mid, etc) for most of their amps like the one listed above? I see where at one time FullCompass.com had them but apparently no more.
    Thanx, glen

I found something at Mouser that worked last time I replaced one of these. It's been long enough I don't recall the part number, sorry. You'll just have to take some measurements of the original parts.
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

I don't know if this will be it, but I fixed a Behringer Vampire a few years ago. This was for the amp selector encoder.
      https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...B%2FxFgw%3D%3D

Comment

Well, this is a repair for a customer who bought another amp which he really wanted and this one was kinda thrown in as part of the deal. He only wanted this one repaired If this cheap enough. So honestly I really didn't want to go through all the time to remove & measure that encoder and then have him say NAY. SO, this info was very helpful.
        If the number of clicks are the same for the tone encoders as the selector encoders I think given there are only the 3 leads, that the encoders are the same.
        Thanx again....glen

Comment

I'm just dealing with an Encoder issue on my Hameg HM8042 Semiconductor Curve Tracer. Most of the inexpensive 3-pin Encoders come in a variety of pulses per revolution. In my case, the Alps Encoder has 30 detents, which is 15 PPR. There are 12PPR's, 20PPR's with associated with 20 detents and not sure on the 12PPR. You're limited with the shaft details out of distribution. What form factor is on the Behringer and what you can find thru Electronic Component Distributors may NOT be what you need. Alps, Bourns, Wurth, CTS are some of the mfgrs of inexpenive 11mm size Encoders, available in both Horizontal and Vertical mounting, with or without threaded 7mm bushings and most are 6mm shaft, 20mm overall length including the bushing is pretty much it for off-the-shelf Encoders. Getting original parts from Behringer.....good luck on that one.
          Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

Originally posted by nevetslab View Post
            I'm just dealing with an Encoder issue on my Hameg HM8042 Semiconductor Curve Tracer. Most of the inexpensive 3-pin Encoders come in a variety of pulses per revolution. In my case, the Alps Encoder has 30 detents, which is 15 PPR. There are 12PPR's, 20PPR's with associated with 20 detents and not sure on the 12PPR. You're limited with the shaft details out of distribution. What form factor is on the Behringer and what you can find thru Electronic Component Distributors may NOT be what you need. Alps, Bourns, Wurth, CTS are some of the mfgrs of inexpenive 11mm size Encoders, available in both Horizontal and Vertical mounting, with or without threaded 7mm bushings and most are 6mm shaft, 20mm overall length including the bushing is pretty much it for off-the-shelf Encoders. Getting original parts from Behringer.....good luck on that one.
            Always appreciate the info that others have taken time to ferret out. I always say there's no reason to reinvent the wheel if we can share with each other. As I always say that is why I've been a member of this forum for 12yrs. Can't spend as much time as I used to checking for new posts & others I might be able to help, but I will post weird issues I resolve so they'll be searchable for other who might have the same issue.
            I'll copy past your post into my symptom/remedy log that I've been keeping for years!
            Thanx, glen

Comment

Working...
            X