Score! - Vintage Tube HiFi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's pretty.

Are all those coil cans for the radio or audio interstages?

Comment

i got caps

need anything for that i mean anything hit me up

Comment

Originally posted by Don Moose View Post
        That's pretty.

Are all those coil cans for the radio or audio interstages?
        Thanks Don... That's all radio stuff. The chassis is pretty crowded with the AM and FM receivers along with the amplifier. There are twenty tubes total.

I cleaned the pots, and switches with some deoxit when I had it opened up. It's working great so far. It's hard to grow rust here in the Mojave desert. It survived really well in the low humidity.

I've got it playing through some decent bookshelf speakers, and a passive subwoofer. The OT's have taps for a center speaker. There's no volume control for the center channel, so I mute it partially by turning the speaker towards the side of the cabinet. (cavemanalog)

It's hooked to my computer via a USB outboard A/D converter. It's the same one I use for my DAW. The output of the A/D box is switchable between the Hi-Fi, and my reference monitors.

This one's a keeper.

Originally posted by mark
        i got caps
        need anything for that i mean anything hit me up
        I need a knob badly.
        Attached Files

Comment

There's a 3-section Astron 20/200+20/200+20/200, a 3-section Cornell-Dubilier 20/350+20/350+150/50 and a 2-section CD 40/450+40/450.

Not that I care about brand for these power supply filters.

I still need to inventory the Aerovoxen.

It hums for a bit - until it's fully warm, I guess. Then it goes through little episodes of quiet 'spitting' which is only really audible when there's no signal or during quieter passages. Need to hit R.G.'s site when I get a minute.

Comment

Working...
          X