Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got oscilloscope going.. What settings on here are best?

Comment

Originally posted by ca7922303 View Post

Where do I need to be at on signal generator?
      Like mozz said, 50mv is fine. It's just kind of weak IMO if you want to push things in the amp a little bit to see if they act up. Even weak guitar pickups put out more amplitude than that.

I personally shoot for around 150mv when inputting a sine wave, but I'm certainly far from an expert so take my comments with a huge helping of salt.

Comment

Screen shot clean channel all controls on 10, except reverb(0).

Comment

Channel 2 b,t,m, drive/volume/master volume on 10. Reverb(0).

Comment

Originally posted by ca7922303 View Post

Having driver issues with PC based oscilloscope, can we use signal generator and DMM on ac volts to trace?
            FIRST you must *see* oscillation or there is nothing to trace.

We still donīt know what you have there.
            Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Channel 2, same but with modern switch engaged.

Comment

Channel 2 with g,v,mv,b,m,t on 10.

Comment

Channel 3 with g,v,mv on 10, b,m,t on 3 reverb(0).

Comment

Channel 3 g,v,mv,b,Mt on 10, reverb on(0).

Comment

Channel 3 with g,v,mv on 10, b,m,t on 0, boost switch engaged.

Comment

Xpand engaged

Comment

Modern/bright, xpand/boost engaged

Comment

Oscillation only occurs thru a speaker is when xpand or boost are engaged separately. When engaged together, no oscillation. When engaged together with modern and or bright switch, no oscillation occurs.

Comment

Short/trivial answer: do not use those "wrong" settings together.

Amp apparently "works" on most settings, and sometimes 1 or 2 combinations are "problematic", probably because they lead to very high gain, high top boost, etc. , all together.

Donīt think your amp is "broken" as in "it worked fine, a part broke, I replace it and we are back to normal" but "it is as it is".

Solving that problem MOST probably will require redesigning an I am not only talking "circuit" redesigning but also include layout, such as "pass this wire here instead of there" or "ground here instead of there", maybe 1 inch away.

Such things are well beyond the "repair" stage, are typically solved at the Factory, one reason year after year we have *different* amp versions.

Again: I think the sane solution is to avoid that couple extreme settings, period.
                              Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Would anyone be interested in walking me thru how to trace down the oscillation. Schematic link is in these lists. Not able to not have a fully functioning, half power, red plating amp. Appreciate the help.

Comment

Working...
                                X