Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book Of The Day - Tube Guitar Amplifiers Volume 1

Tube Guitar Amplifiers Volume 1: How Tubes & Amps Work by Igor S. Popovich

The first three chapters of this unique book cover introductory topics such as basic electronic circuits and passive components (resistors, capacitors, inductors), the building blocks of tube amplifiers. Audio amplifiers are also investigated as “black boxes”, from the outside perspective, and important concepts such as spectra, gain, bandwidth and distortion are introduced.

Chapters four to six explain operational principles behind vacuum tubes (diodes, triodes, tetrodes, and pentodes), and their use as rectifiers and active amplification components in guitar amps.

The rest of the book progresses through various stages of guitar amps, from input circuits and preamplifier stages, through tone control circuits and analog effects, to output or power stages.

Note: Music Electronics Forum is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.
    -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.
Working...
X