Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hartke B150 Bass Amp

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hartke B150 Bass Amp

    Out begging once again, in search of a schematic for the above amp. Found nothing on the net thus far. Contacted Samson/Hartke & the reply was "...we don't send schematics to customers". Awaiting a response from them as to their definition of 'customer' as opposed to 'repair-person'.

    As always, any help greatly appreciated.

    Archie

  • #2
    "we don't send schematics to customers".

    And that is exactly why you should ONLY buy products that are supported.
    If they don't support it, then don't buy it. Lesson learned the hard way.

    Even if they give you the schematic, they don't have the parts to repair it either.

    You will probably wind up using NTE substitutes...."if" you are brave enough to get into it.

    Fender supports products, Peavey supports products, GK supports products, learn which manufacturers care about the customers.
    AND learn which manufacturers don't.

    Spend your money accordingly. If they won't support you....buy from some other manufacturer.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks soundguruman,

      Point taken and I agree completely. I've never had to deal with Samson/Hartke before. They definitely left an impression.

      Point of clarification: I don't own it...I've just been asked to repair it. Doesn't alter the fact that your post rings true in every sense.

      Regards,

      Archie

      Comment


      • #4
        So what is wrong with the amp?

        Many, many times the repair can proceed minus the documentation.

        Comment


        • #5
          Appears to be a bad power transformer. I'm going to try to find a suitable replacement & see if that's all there is. I can try tracing a signal thru the tracings too. Whole amp can be replaced for under $100. Whole effort is part curiosity & part favor. I'll post what I find.

          Thanks.

          Archie

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Archie Speed View Post
            Appears to be a bad power transformer. I'm going to try to find a suitable replacement & see if that's all there is. I can try tracing a signal thru the tracings too. Whole amp can be replaced for under $100. Whole effort is part curiosity & part favor. I'll post what I find.

            Thanks.

            Archie
            You can be sure that Hartke will never sell you a transformer. Even though there are dozens of them at Hartke....

            Comment


            • #7
              Many times you can search numbers on the transformer itself and find one elsewhere on the web. Look for a manufacturer name and part number(s)s on the transformer itself and try searching that info. If you want to post the info here, maybe someone can help you locate one. It may be quicker if you're getting poor responses from the manufacturer of the amp.

              Edit: Also, why do you thing the tranny is bad? I ask only because it's not a common failure. Not a dig on your technical abilities.
              "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                Many times you can search numbers on the transformer itself and find one elsewhere on the web. Look for a manufacturer name and part number(s)s on the transformer itself and try searching that info. If you want to post the info here, maybe someone can help you locate one. It may be quicker if you're getting poor responses from the manufacturer of the amp.

                Edit: Also, why do you thing the tranny is bad? I ask only because it's not a common failure. Not a dig on your technical abilities.
                Technical abilities? Some. Not an expert on anything. Just an old hack.

                Cursory test showed 120v primary ok, but nothing on the secondary. Resistance across secondary was zero. If I can't find anything thru my local shops, I'll ask for help...again. My interest in all-things-Hartke has taken a decided turn today.

                Comment


                • #9
                  What makes you think itīs the power transformer?

                  And suppossing it is, how will you manage to
                  try tracing a signal thru the tracings
                  Wonīt even comment on the useless
                  there are dozens of transformers at Hartke
                  bit.
                  How would SGM know for sure?

                  Oh, I forgot .... he built CIAīs high resolution Photographic Spy Satellite
                  Juan Manuel Fahey

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Was the secondary disconnected when you tested? If the secondary is shorted, with it disconnected it should still blow the mains fuse.
                    "Everything is better with a tube. I have a customer with an all-tube pacemaker. His heartbeat is steady, reassuring and dependable, not like a modern heartbeat. And if it goes wrong he can fix it himself. You can't do that with SMD." - Mick Bailey

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Archie Speed View Post
                      Technical abilities? Some. Not an expert on anything. Just an old hack.

                      Cursory test showed 120v primary ok, but nothing on the secondary. Resistance across secondary was zero. If I can't find anything thru my local shops, I'll ask for help...again. My interest in all-things-Hartke has taken a decided turn today.
                      Not sure if you actually mean "0" (shorted) or infinite (open). The resistance should be very low. It's just wire. If it's infinite, the tranny is definitely open on the secondary. I'm also not sure if the symptom is "blowing fuses" or "no power". That said, the easiest way to test is to unhook the secondary wires, apply power to the primary, and see if you get any AC coming out of the thing. Measure to make sure power is actually getting to the primary wires and not a bad switch, fuse, power cord, or something else.
                      "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Cursory test showed 120v primary ok, but nothing on the secondary.
                        Sorry but, what does it mean?
                        Whatīs "primary ok"
                        Whatīs "nothing" on the secondary?

                        Resistance across secondary was zero.
                        Zero or a very low value?
                        It would be close to 1 ohm, or even less, hard to distinguish on a regular multimeter ohms setting.
                        That does not mean itīs "bad" , there are other tests as suggested by g-one.
                        Juan Manuel Fahey

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          As of the power amp schematic, every manufacturer has his own preferred way of doing things.
                          I bet that 150W amp will be very close to the 200W one ... if not actually the same .
                          Get the Hartke 2000 schematic and/or the 1400 and probably you will have a useful road map.
                          Juan Manuel Fahey

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by soundguruman View Post
                            "we don't send schematics to customers".

                            And that is exactly why you should ONLY buy products that are supported.
                            If they don't support it, then don't buy it. Lesson learned the hard way.

                            Even if they give you the schematic, they don't have the parts to repair it either.

                            You will probably wind up using NTE substitutes...."if" you are brave enough to get into it.

                            Fender supports products, Peavey supports products, GK supports products, learn which manufacturers care about the customers.
                            AND learn which manufacturers don't.

                            Spend your money accordingly. If they won't support you....buy from some other manufacturer.
                            Just checked and found this is ANOTHER bullshit/misinformed poet-of-the-day.

                            Hartke/Samson DOES support Techs WORLDWIDE , as shown it their Service Data Website
                            Directory of International Support Files/Service_and_Support/Parts_Lists_Schematics_Approvals_and_Test_Reports/Hartke/HARTKE_BASS/AMPLIFIER_HEADS

                            That they restrict it to Factory Qualified Techs is Company Policy and is another matter.

                            And OF COURSE they DO SUPPLY repair parts, such as whole boards for replacement (which I doubt Peavey, Fender or GK do, by the way) but OF COURSE to Qualified Techs only.

                            Of course, if you have not been approved inside their Servicing net worldwide, you wonīt get them.

                            Which sounds perfectly normal to me.
                            Juan Manuel Fahey

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Foo. We have countless example on this forum of people directed to Samson for Hartke drawings and reporting back the next day they had the documents in the email.
                              Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X