Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zimbodel
    replied
    Ok I see whats going on there. Thank you very much for pointing it out.
    I interpreted the jargon Lingo of "stuff" to mean value.

With "Do Not Stuff", they mean "Do Not Place" sheesh! ! and Wxx are jumpers.
    I hate this kind of Jargon english. Clearly there are more relevant words.

I have no problem and wont revert back to the original Deville circuit.
    Do you own a Deville ??
    If you ever had a Deville you would agree it is one of the nicest Fender amps made, but that second drive channel is a disaster and "more drive" is even more of a disaster, totally unusable.

The Devilles came with a few blatant errors (IMO) such as some of the versions trying to drive an inductive load of the reverb tank with a TL072. That is just not a good idea. You need an opamp that can at least supply the current to drive an inductive load properly and designed for reactive loads, or at least add a constant current source to the supply line of the opamp so it can react with sufficient inrush current as one of the many options. Just a TL072 is a misapplication in my opinion. The reverb with TL0s were either anemic or garbage harsh. They then moved to a better opamp and things are a bit better, but there still isnt a current source or an inductive driver. I replaced the TL0s on mine with better drivers years ago and it improved immensely.
    I think Fender must have realized the problem and moved to BA4560, which I am not sure is entirely going to solve the problem, but it is a very very good op-amp and surely way better than the TL0 for this purpose.
    Last edited by zimbodel; 11-16-2019, 05:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Enzo
    replied
    Looks to me like they didn't add the values of all the deleted parts in the V2b circuit, the more drive, which isn't there. As I see it, the difficulty would be reverting the ML back to the stock. And if you wanted to do that, you could simply get the readily available schematic for the older version. No secret schemes here.

Where do you see unlisted part values, other than in circuits not stuffed?

Leave a comment:

• zimbodel
    replied
    I thank you all very much. Absolutely great site, with kind help.
    Exactly what I was looking for.

Interesting, I see they withhold a lot of component values on the schematic.
    Probably to prevent people from upgrading a Stock Deville to an ML.
    Last edited by zimbodel; 11-15-2019, 10:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• vintagekiki
    replied
    https://ampgarage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=28138&start=15
    Registration required

Leave a comment:

• alexradium
    replied
    Here they are
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• alexradium
    replied
    I have seen it, I'll dig the hard drive

Leave a comment:

• glebert
    replied
    Have you called Fender? They have always been good to me about giving me whatever schematics they have.

Leave a comment:

• zimbodel
    started a topic Fender HotRod Deville ML Schematic

Fender HotRod Deville ML Schematic

Here is another schematic that I just could not find.
    There are a lot of schematics for the Hot Rod Deville, but I could not find any schematics for the Fender Hot Rod Deville ML (Michael Landau)
    Anyone have this one ?
Working...
X