Teisco King 100w with separate stereo preamp head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teisco King 100w with separate stereo preamp head

One of my cousins got this back in the mid 70s after a family friend "modified" it. I have spent hours upon hours trying to find the schematic for it to no avail. Why do I need it? I don't, I suppose, but the family friend bastardized it so badly some of the wiring for the preamp output is a bit confusing. It has two instrument channels, a reverb tank in the chassis and stereo outs.

The confusing part for me is how the stereo outs are supposed to be wired with the mono-stereo switch. I could look up a generic setup and make it work but I really, really want to have the actual schematic for this since it's so hard to find info on. I was able to rebuild the separate power amp (which I believe was originally in the speaker cabinet according to what I could find online) using a Checkmate 100 schematic. The family friend had this so messed up it's easily the worst I've worked on since I started back in the mid 80s.

After refreshing and fixing the wiring on the power amp I have a working power amp that honestly doesn't sound too bad even running a cold bias. The preamp chassis was connected via mono cable with a stereo plug that plugged into the power amp. Not unusual really, right? Yeah, but this output cable was actually a Ford automobile radio antenna cable. Seriously. That's how messed up this "modification" was and was just one of many stunning discoveries.

Anyway, as I said I would really like to find this pre-amp schematic if possible just for the sake of posterity if nothing else.
    Attached Files
    --Jim

He's like a new set of strings... he just needs to be stretched a bit.
Working...
X