Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can it be done? Electronics Engineer please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can it be done? Electronics Engineer please?

I just built a Marshall JCM 800 2204 Clone. "PTP". Amp works great. No issues. I have been adding some little mods to it to tailor the amps sound to my liking. "Nothing to serious". A few components changes. A cap here a cap there a resistor here a resistor there. Then I got to thinking. I wish this thing had my 1966 Fender Blackface Ab763 Supereverb - Reverb. "Just the reverb". That would be awesome. So I started looking on the net. Yea! not much out there on the subject. A little on Rob Robinets page. That was the best I found. For adding a Princeton Style reverb. Most people are saying on the forums to get a peddle or a reverb unit or add a loop. No! I don't want any of that. I want to actually add the tubes and circuitry in the chassis and the springs tank in the cabinet and a knob on the face of the amp.. So my question is can someone point me in the right direction on how to accomplish this task. I will build another whole amp if I can figure this out. What I need is a correct point to point layout and a schematic of the circuit and any hazards to watch out for. Can the PT handle the two tubes added? The 12AT7 and the 12AX7? How do I power the Reverb transformer? I think you see where I am going with this. I need an Electronics Engineer who loves to build amps. Oh and I do not want to send it in to a shop. I want to do it myself! I've been building amps for a while now and doing some repairs also. But I'm no engineer. I am a DIY guy. Who's the GURU?. Who can help if they would please? Thanx!!

Me_ If your curious: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUm..._dBmtlyD5tJVLA

Can you tell us what PT you used in your build?
    Just to note that the Fender reverb sounds so nice because it is being used with a fairly clean amp sound. Marshall's that have used reverb generally allow much less of it as it muddies up real quick when used in a 'dirty' sounding amp.
    P.S. nice job on the video and welcome to the forum.
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

g1. It's the Classic Tone 40-18089. Thanx for the tip: I don't want no muddy stuff. Would have to find away around that. So pretty is that black face Reverb.

Comment

That classic tone will power a couple extra 12AX or AT's.
        I'm not a builder so others here will hopefully have some ideas. You might have a look at the 2144 schematic, it's got reverb and has the same power amp section as the 2204. You could tweak the reverb to be more like the blackface circuit.
        http://drtube.com/schematics/marshall/79119.gif
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
        X