Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recorded a Live Acoustic Performance with my rock band - looking for feedback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recorded a Live Acoustic Performance with my rock band - looking for feedback!

Hey guys, I recently decided to sign out some film equipment from my college and shoot a "Live Acoustic Session" for a couple songs with my band. Used 3 mics- MD421, SM57 and E835 in order to capture the 2 acoustics and vocals.

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJBpAId0mFI
    Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/sensoryol/one-...coustic-series

The guitars themselves were pretty sketchy, the one broke a string moments before we even recorded this haha.

Anyways, we're usually much heavier- as in Hard Rock, Classic rock, Psych rock, alternative .etc but in the absence of a drummer we figured we'd just put out some stripped down acoustic versions in the meantime. This is one of our more "mainstream, easy 4 chord" tracks-

I'd be open to any feedback you guys have- whether its on the song, the recording, the mixing or even the video! Let me know what you think.

I really liked the vocal performance. Recording quality sounded pretty good to me. Intonation was a little off on that "sketchy" black guitar. Nice song.
    That's my $.02
    Vote like your future depends on it.

Comment

Originally posted by dmartn149 View Post
      I really liked the vocal performance. Recording quality sounded pretty good to me. Intonation was a little off on that "sketchy" black guitar. Nice song.
      That's my $.02
      Hey thanks a bunch my friend!

Comment

The composition, vocal 'quality' (both the performance and the recording), and the tightness of the guitar duo are all really great! Don't be afraid to go unplugged more, really nice stuff.

The only constructive criticism I can offer is to put new strings on the guitars before the next recording date, to help with the clarity and separation of the acoustic guitars. I think that old strings might be the only thing that detracts from your performance here. If you have more stuff, feel free to link it in the thread.
        If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
        If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
        We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
        MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

Working...
        X