Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Valve King 112 - no sound

Hello guys,

I have a problem with my Peavey Valve King 112, currently there is no sound coming from the amp. I pulled the chassis out to do the R100 mod, carefully soldered a cap (Orange Drop 1nF 600V) on to the legs of the transistor and I cut the D101 and D102 diodes from the circuit. I put everything back together and turned on the amp but there was no sound! The fuses are ok, both of the power tubes light up as well as the 3 in the preamp section. I also checked the cable to the speaker and the speaker itself and they are fine too.

Does anybody know what could be the issue and how could I fix it, or do I need to take the amp to a repair shop?

Any help is very much appreciated!

The "R 100" mod is simple.

Remove D101 & D102.
    Solder a 1nf capacitor Across R100.

Either you cut a trace on the PCB or something went wrong at reassembly of the amp.

Comment

I think it something else. I didn't touch anything else on the PCB and I was very careful with the soldering iron. The assembly is also straightforward, just put it back in the box and tighten the screws. Also all the tubes have protection around them so they don't get damaged. I will probably just take it to someone who knows what he's doing

Comment

Just to update if anyone is interested. It was the sudden change of current voltage that made one of the preamp tubes pop. The tube was replaced an the amp works fine now.

Comment

Working...
        X