Another DeOxit rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another DeOxit rant

I know I have complained before about how their "new and improved" spray nozzle is one of the worst product improvements ever. The smallest spray setting is just short of fire hose. I never want a big wet blast, I want a little spritz, and now it is near impossible to do. I effing hate it. And so now, the plastic spray assy. has fallen off the last two cans before they were bleeping empty! Sure, you can place them back on, but now fluid comes out from under the assy., and gets all over everything. I wish I didn't like the stuff that is in the stupid delivery mechanism, but I do. This really chaps my ass!

I contacted Caig about this last year, and they sent me a new can and their little straw reducer. Big Whoop.
    It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

So far I've managed to avoid Caig's "super straw" fiasco. Note that Parts Express has some old style cans of D5 they are flogging at a slightly inflated price, if I'm not mistook 17.95 $ a can. Just ordered 2, so I should be set for the next year.

If the future does not bring a return to the old type spray, or a better improvement, I'll be brewing my own D5 and dispensing it from a "glue bottle." Typically 1 oz or less flexy plastic bottle with a steel nozzle. We're back to the late 70's in applicator technology. Might as well call the stuff Cramolin again. Back to the future!
    This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

I am with you all the way Randall.

I dropped a can and the cap assy came off.

" And so now, the plastic spray assy. has fallen off the last two cans before they were bleeping empty! Sure, you can place them back on, but now fluid comes out from under the assy., "

Took the words right out of my mouth.

What a brain dead fiasco.

Reminds me of when Coca Cola 'decided' to change there formula.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post

Reminds me of when Coca Cola 'decided' to change there formula.
        this was actually a well orchestrated conspiracy to allow Coke to switch to high fructose corn sweetener (HFCS) as thats what always made Pepsi more profitable. Coke's research told them people could taste the difference so they removed the cane sugar only product from the market just long enough for gustatory memories to fade. It worked, people bit on the "old vs new" false conflict and Coke has enjoyed a higher profit margin (and likely higher causation of obesity and diabetes) ever since. Their "new" Original Coke listed cane sugar OR HFCS and guess which one costs tons less?*

Oh and the Deoxit nozzles are total crap!

* similarly since US companies are free to call non-synthetic dino oil "synthetic" (Europeans can't) every so-called synthetic oil in the US is basically 0-?% synthetic depending on how much profit the company would like to make.

Comment

Interesting about the cane sugar tedmich. I had been scratching my head recently about the references to getting 'real' Mexican coke and I guess that's it.

As far as broken nozzle problems go, when I have this issue, I de-pressurize the can by spraying it into a container and when it runs out of pressure I punch a nail into it. Then drain the remainder into some kind of plastic squeeze bottle. With the liquid I can't get it into all the tight spots but can usually use it in enough places to use it up.
          I do the same thing with WD-40 which seems prone to running out of pressure before empty.
          Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

This guy has a totally different 'spin' on the New Coke fiasco.
            http://www.todayifoundout.com/index....h-to-new-coke/

Comment

The Original Coca-Cola back in the early 1900's must have been a quite a rush! It's been 30 yrs since I messed with that popular ingredient, but have always wonder if that formula has ever re-surfaced among the 'fast crowd'.
              Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

I’ve always wondered. I know putting an empty bag or paper in your mouth totally numbed you out back in the day...

Comment

Working...
                X