Peavey XR1200 prob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey XR1200 prob

I have no schematic for this. So if anyone has one available please let me know. The problem is the PCB with the LED Level Indicator, the MainA, MainB, & Sum controls on it. I was having a problem with my monitor A output being extremely weak. So I looked for the IC that was in charge of that. I unplugged the board found the IC and replaced it. Put it back together and now I have no voltage on the chips. I removed the IC reinstalled the old and still nothing. There is a power connection with red,yel,red wires. With it is unplugged I read 3VAC,15VAC,3VAC. When it is plugged in the voltages read .25VAC,.03VAC,.25VAC. There is no DC voltage coming from the rectifier ckt on the PCB and I read 0VDC on any of the ICs on that PCB. Ive triple check all my connections. Made sure there isn't any cold solder connections. Any suggestions or information would be very helpful.

You can get any schematic you want from customer service at Peavey.

I don;t know what you mean when you say you get 3-15-3v on the transformer(I assume) wires. Voltages with respect to what? Ground? When the wires are unplugged, there is no circuit to ground. If you measure from red to red you should get some voltage, and from either red to the center tap, half that.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

yes Enzo, the measurements I was taking were with respect to ground. From red to red I get .102vac and from red to yel I get .97VAC

Comment

Looks like these internal fuses blew. But how would I be getting any voltage if that happened?

Comment

I think i figured it out. Thanks for your everlasting patience enzo

Comment

Experiment: set your meter on the table, set for AC volts. Lie the black probe on the table. Now pick up the red probe by its tip with your fingers. How many volts do you get?

It is dificult NOT to get some AC voltage reading when you are anywhere near any AC currents.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
            X