Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Single coil 51-style Precision bass pickup question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by okabass; 07-30-2017, 04:40 AM.

Comment

[QU
      Last edited by okabass; 07-30-2017, 04:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by okabass View Post
        Yes. But like to hear it with my own ears. I've played bass professionally some 40 years, owned perhaps 20 different basses, so I know something about things. Never tried that kind of in-line split coil humbucker .
        Slower? What do you mean? Best way to learn is to do. I still have two '51 type single coil PUs. One in my bass.
        And making a spit coil adds my understanding about pickups.
        REALLY !!!! in the first post you being the OP & that pic of the half pipe shaped bobbin windings all over the place .........Basically like a Chicken with it's head cut off now you now it all or at least WE HAVE TO RESPECT YOUR EARS ...huh
        & like I previously said
        I'd take things a little slower as you are probably missing a ton of things that effect the tone of your pickup ..True singles are hard to beat .
        "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
          REALLY !!!! in the first post you being the OP & that pic of the half pipe shaped bobbin windings all over the place .........Basically like a Chicken with it's head cut off now you now it all or at least WE HAVE TO RESPECT YOUR EARS ...huh
          & like I previously said
          I'd take things a little slower as you are probably missing a ton of things that effect the tone of your pickup ..True singles are hard to beat .

Perhaps I don't understand your english enough (Not my mother language). But as I understand it, your style is not very nice. Maybe it is better that I quit here.
          Last edited by okabass; 07-30-2017, 04:38 AM.

Comment

I have been using a dab of black epoxy inside where each magnet meets the bobbin. It works well.

But I am also realizing that if the tension of the wire is such that it is warping the bobbin, it isn't correct. There is very little tension on that wire. The old machines Leo slapped together wouldn't allow significant tension to be applied. It kept the bobbins flat and prevented the winders from snapping coil wire in the middle of winding.

Comment

Originally posted by okabass View Post

Perhaps I don't understand your english enough (Not my mother language). But as I understand it, your style is not very nice. Maybe it is better that I quit here.
              Nah. But a bit more humility might be good.
              Bobby, www.TysonTone.com

Comment

Originally posted by Beef Coon View Post
                Nah. But a bit more humility might be good.
                Yes. I agree. You should be more humility. But nice, that you take to heart to answer my question at the first message, very helpful.

Comment

Working...
                X