No announcement yet.

taming a Rod Piezo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks very interesting , glad I haven't placed an order yet . I was thinking I'd be tar and feathered for something like that.
    My version I would be Those a work of art
    Last edited by shortcircuit; 03-20-2019, 10:39 PM.
    If you don't know where your going any road'll take you there : George Harrison

Comment

Update : plan #1 is leaving the Alumitone set up as is , piezo to a 10k pot both sent to a TRS stereo out jack , stereo Y cable out, send the piezo through a pre-amp(tech 21 is on the way) to one amp , Alumitone out to another amp . Did this with one build , gives a plethora of options and works well. Plan#2 Did build pre amp and blend per JMF schematic (once again thank you JMF) , works well, obviously more limited being a blended signal as opposed to a split, but opened my eyes to further experimentation on down the line. Put fresh 9.53vdc Duracell in today (CLICK) that was the install. I am now starting the battery life test. just a note: my bug build has failed so far, tiny little bast#*#, perf build is still smaller than a postage stamp. Thanks All !!!!!

Comment

A piezo signal isn't going to be very happy going down a long, noisy, high capacitance cable. It will get to the other end but you might not like what you hear out of the tech21. What about just an Old Alembic stratoblaster circuit right at the piezo output.
        http://www.tdpri.com/threads/alembic...ematic.299293/
        https://store.generalguitargadgets.c...plete-kit.html
        Alembic still has one in their store for $109.

Comment

Originally posted by David King View Post
          A piezo signal isn't going to be very happy going down a long, noisy, high capacitance cable. It will get to the other end but you might not like what you hear out of the tech21. What about just an Old Alembic stratoblaster circuit right at the piezo output.
          http://www.tdpri.com/threads/alembic...ematic.299293/
          https://store.generalguitargadgets.c...plete-kit.html
          Alembic still has one in their store for $109.
          aaand we're back, essentially, to post #6. A simple single transistor buffer.
          If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
          If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
          We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
          MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by eschertron View Post
            aaand we're back, essentially, to post #6. A simple single transistor buffer.
            aaand no we're not , have since put a pre amp in plan one build as well , lesson learned, all is good.
            And now I'm off to a noisy Vox Cambridge 30 twin , one with the supposed 60watt mod
            Last edited by shortcircuit; 05-02-2019, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
              Ok, here´s the very low consumption (0.2mA meaning 4000 playing hours from a typical 9V alkaline ) chopped to the bone Piezo/magnetic preamp.

Fails safe, IF battery dies (which by itself will take Months or Years ) you simply turn Balance pot fully towards the Magnetic pickup and continue playing.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52978[/ATTACH]
              I finally got back to these , I put this into a build , I can remove the battery with no change , shouldn't that cancel out the piezo ?? So I simplified a bit put this into a build( the crappy hand drawn schem) , I get no signal from the piezo unless I clip the ground going to the sleeve.Then I have the piezo & blend, no pre amp. Any suggestions as to what my dumba** missed.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	piezo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	951.6 KB
ID:	853866

Comment

I'd pull the PU output wires off the blend pot and run them in turn to the jack. Blend pots come in two mirrored internal configs so if you wire one up wrong it won't work as expected. Get you signals first and then add complexity.

Comment

Working...
                X