Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave H View Post
    [ATTACH]55491[/ATTACH]
    Thanks! The power stage looks straight forward, even has some HF lag compensation. So I have nothing to add.
    Interesting: For EL34 operation an additional screen filter/dropping resistor is switched in to relieve the pentode screens and increase/match output impedance.
    - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro Vecino View Post
      It has a somewhat complicated location and is fixed only at two points, but I would measure it to find a substitute.

Like this for example:

https://www.hammfg.com/files/parts/pdf/1750M.pdf

[ATTACH=CONFIG]55492[/ATTACH]
      The OT in the picture doesn't look as if it could put out more than 40W before clipping/saturation (similar to a Fender Vibrolux OT).
      - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post
        The OT in the picture doesn't look as if it could put out more than 40W before clipping/saturation (similar to a Fender Vibrolux OT).
        I agree. Either $155 or 130 is too much for that kind of OT, unless it can't be had elsewhere.

Back to Amp Parts Direct, we're looking at any of the following ClassicTone models: 40-18006, 40-18105 , 40-18088 all under $60. I've bought iron from them before, it's always worked out fine.

Mesa makes a habit of boasting about their output power, they must measure at 20-30% distortion. I doubt the Nomad made 55W before clipping, even if you drove it off a cliff, with the wind at its back. That's what I used to say about my 62 Volkswagen, with a speedo that read up to 85 mph. Expect more like 40.

https://shop.amppartsdirect.com/Transformers_c2.htm
        This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Working...
        X