2meg Pot For Gibson Scout Amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Justin Thomas View Post
    Tubesandmore[dot]com has them. $1.60 each. 2M Audio Taper, Alpha, 3/8" bushing.

Justin
    I only found a linear pot in their offerings. That wouldn't be a deal breaker for me for that particular control though.
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
      You might contact Torres Engineering and see if they still have them. They used to. It doesn't spec taper in the link, but they use them for guitar, so my bet is that it's audio taper. It might be worth a phone call to find out.

https://torresengineering.stores.yahoo.net/2megpot.html

Edit: Here's the schematic:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]55581[/ATTACH]
      The pots Dan had were linear. He use to claim that his guitar volume control bright circuit (just a parallel cap and resistor) "smoothed out" the taper of any pot with "feedback" and made them all equal

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?

Comment

Originally posted by drewl View Post
        Fender 3Meg pots are quite common and available..
        Pretty sure the Fender 3M pots are REVERSE audio taper. Used for BF vibrato circuits.

Comment

Here's a 24mm 2M log pot made by Alpha Taiwan. You can order these right from them 1000 pieces at a time, but apparently that doesn't happen much and these guys are charging a premium ($10.00 + shipping!) It has Alpha Taiwan's shitty 6mm x 7.2mm thread bushing, but that's the brakes. No one sees that part anyway. Straight from China. Probably shipped on the slow boat.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/5pcs-A2M-Po...oAAOSw3qdc54sm

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
            Pretty sure the Fender 3M pots are REVERSE audio taper. Used for BF vibrato circuits.

Yup, reverse.
            Sounds fine in the trem circuit.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
              I only found a linear pot in their offerings. That wouldn't be a deal breaker for me for that particular control though.
              Fibsh, yer right... I thought I did better research than that...

Jusrin
              "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
              "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
              "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Thomas View Post
                Fibsh, yer right... I thought I did better research than that...

Jusrin
                I found the same pot you did on a *oogle search. But when I clicked it it took me to a more general inventory page where it wasn't included. A search for 2M pots on the site revealed there was only the one linear pot.

I think it's sort of the same thing as deceased accounts on *acebook. They say that in ten years there will be more dead people accounts than live ones

Comment

Cool!
                  People can live on forever with their FB accounts, long after they're dead!
                  Maybe pay friends or family to update long after being deceased!
                  We can live forever, or at least our experience's long after we're gone.
                  Someday a thousand years from now scientist's will gaze in wonder how we repaired ancient technology.

Or not m

Comment

Originally posted by drewl View Post
                    Cool!
                    People can live on forever with their FB accounts, long after they're dead!
                    Maybe pay friends or family to update long after being deceased!
                    We can live forever, or at least our experience's long after we're gone.
                    Someday a thousand years from now scientist's will gaze in wonder how we repaired ancient technology.

Or not m
                    Need another

Immortality may not be what we'd hoped for. But I suppose this is the the next best thing?

Comment

Working...
                    X