• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jim Shine View Post
    Futura Black BT

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19722[/ATTACH]

This font goes back to 1929.
    Well isn't that interesting! I stand corrected.
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

I just wish someone would tell me what font to use to make my new logo. How hard could it be?

Comment

My point here was:

It is a Futura font

The font only gets you so far as the screen process accounts for a great deal of the final appearance.

If you don't care about the final appearance being 100% accurate, then just about any Futura font will do.

If you DO care about the final appearance, are using a printer, then you want to make art from a real logo with all the distortions imparted from the screen making process. If you logo is supposed to look like that old logo and say something else, then you can either have them screened, or if you have to print, you have to fake the effects of the screen making distortions on your art. Again, what you start with is less important as the art you add to it.
        Last edited by Jim Shine; 08-20-2012, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by David King View Post
          I just wish someone would tell me what font to use to make my new logo. How hard could it be?
          Depends on what you want your logo to look like. And logos are not always font based. or are altered (like my SGD logo which was designed by Ron Cardazone).

Choosing fonts takes time. I have hundreds of fonts on my Mac (but apparently not Futura Black BT!), and it takes a while to look though them, or a font book, until I find something that I like for a project.
          It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by David King View Post
            Click image for larger version

Name:	David King..jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	825796

Comment

That's the funniest thing I've read in a long time jonson, thanks. My font ship has come in. Yay!

Comment

David, here you go.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DKBG_logo.png
Views:	1
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	825797

Comment

Does the Font you use, make them sound better?
                  Is there a vintage and a modern sounding Font?
                  I'm looking for the Joe Walsh Font!
                  T
                  "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
                  Terry

Comment

I like Comic Sans myself

But seriously..this was all about figuring out the whats and whys here. Much of what we talk about here is reverse engineering classic pickups. Since a great portion of the topics here revolve around PAF's, this seemed like a good topic to share.

Comment

Working...
                    X